• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bran

WCA
2013IBRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3x3x3 EDGE F2L Edge Flip.

Anyone have a better algorithm than this? (R U' R') d (R' U2 R) U2' (R' U R)

Thanks.

View attachment 2454
Optimal Algorithms (9 HTM):

F2 U2 R' F2 R U2 F U' F
F' U F' U2 R' F2 R U2 F2
R U' R U2 F R2 F' U2 R2
R2 U2 F R2 F' U2 R' U R'

RrU Algorithms (10 HTM):

R U' r' R' U2 R2 U R2 U r
r' U' R2 U' R2 U2 r R U R'

RFU Algorithms (9 HTM):

F2 U2 R' F2 R U2 F U' F
F' U F' U2 R' F2 R U2 F2
R U' R U2 F R2 F' U2 R2
R2 U2 F R2 F' U2 R' U R'

Solve

I have a couple of questions on modded cubes.

Is the way the camcuber zhanchi lubed better than normal lubing?

What is considered the "best" pre-modded cube by the cubing community?

Has anyone here tried out the plasmacube?

Has anyone here tried out a force cube?

Lots of questions, but I figured I'd put them all into one post instead of making fifteen posts within the next couple of days.

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I'm back from a 3 years absence ;) I've bought a SS 5x5, modded it, and cut my times times from 1:50 to the 1:30s. My breakdown per solve is- Centers:27-30, Edges:45-55, 3x3: 20-22.

>>I've noticed that the last 4 edges of the reduction method take me a rather long time, as I solve it intuitively until the last two. Basically, what is the best approach for the last 4 edges and what is a good time for the last 4?

I am sub-14 on my Zhanchi, and I would say I have a decent TPS on the 5x5. And I'm always practicing ;)

Last edited:

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a couple of questions on modded cubes.

Is the way the camcuber zhanchi lubed better than normal lubing?

What is considered the "best" pre-modded cube by the cubing community?

Has anyone here tried out the plasmacube?

Has anyone here tried out a force cube?

Lots of questions, but I figured I'd put them all into one post instead of making fifteen posts within the next couple of days.

just get a normal zhanchi and lube it.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The One Answer Question Thread

just get a normal zhanchi and lube it.

He needs the best cube possible or he won't get anywhere near fast times duhh.

OP: 1, you'll have to ask camcuber but I'm sure if you lubed it yourself it'd be better suited to you and more personal. 2, personal preference, most of the fastest mod them themselves. 3,4, people have and found little improvement. As it should be.

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Two questions:

1. How fast do you have to be on a 2x2 to equal 3x3 speed of around 20 seconds? (I mean for how good it is considered in general. Like, 20 seconds may be considered moderately fast for 3x3 so what speed is considered "moderately fast" for 2x2?)

2. Is it true that the probability of OLL parity on a 4x4 is 50%? (I read that that's the chance somewhere else on the forum.) Because out of the last 15 solves, I've gotten OLL parity 13 times... and I find OLL parity much more annoying than PLL parity. And if 50% is what it is, can someone tell me how lucky/unlucky I am?

manstrong

1. I do about 23 seconds at home on 3x3 and I think my average for 2x2 at competition was a 9.xx. But I hadn't done much practice and was just using 3x3 algs for 2x2 so I think you can get pretty low on your own.

2. 4x4 = ew

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Two questions:

1. How fast do you have to be on a 2x2 to equal 3x3 speed of around 20 seconds? (I mean for how good it is considered in general. Like, 20 seconds may be considered moderately fast for 3x3 so what speed is considered "moderately fast" for 2x2?)

In my opinion there is not propotion between 2x2 and 3x3 that is even close to accurate. I average a little bit lower than 15 on 3x3 and got a 2.86 average of 12 on 2x2 today. Most people who have those times tend to be sub 10 on 3x3. But people who average my times tend to get between 4 and 6.

Dont worry what is considered moderately fast, just learn Ortega, learn to look ahead to OLL while also knowing your bottom layer, and increase the crap out of your turn speed then vwola, sub 3.

2. Is it true that the probability of OLL parity on a 4x4 is 50%? (I read that that's the chance somewhere else on the forum.) Because out of the last 15 solves, I've gotten OLL parity 13 times... and I find OLL parity much more annoying than PLL parity. And if 50% is what it is, can someone tell me how lucky/unlucky I am?

It is a 50% chance, you are just unlucky.

2. 4x4 = ew

4x4(and higher for that matter)=fun.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dont worry what is considered moderately fast, just learn Ortega, learn to look ahead to OLL while also knowing your bottom layer, and increase the crap out of your turn speed then vwola, sub 3.

It is a 50% chance, you are just unlucky.

2x2 - Did learn Ortega already. Today was Day 23 of my 2x2 journey... I'm doing the non-uber marathon. Best Ao100 today was 5.71 (yesterday's was better I think). I don't know if I can have crazy turn speed. I also have a problem with dropping the cube every 20 or so solves. Is that normal? I was thinking I'd learn CLL and EG and some point.

Yeah, I'm really unlucky sometimes. Like I could for basically 50/50 chance things lose out 22 times in a row. But then again, I'm apparently the only person who has solved the cube "by chance".

Edit: Just did a few more 4x4 solves because I said to myself I would go to bed after I did one solve that did not have OLL parity. My unluckiness is 16 times OLL parity within 18 solves now. (I just did three more and they were all OLL parity, two were actually double parity.)

Last edited:

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Two questions:

1. Maybe about 5 seconds
2. It is 50%. You just got unlucky. There's a 0.3% chance of getting OLL parity on 13/15 solves, which is (un)luckier than an OLL skip on 3x3.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You know you don't have to go on the mainstream route right? Instead of going down the EG path, you could go down the OSPA path. You would first learn Ortega->SOAP and/or SS->OSPA.

Sorry, don't know 2x2 terminology. I only started 2x2 three weeks ago. What's OSPA and SOAP? What do they stand for? I have heard about SS before. Knowing general stuff about SS, CLL, and EG, I just picked CLL as the next thing to learn because I thought I would like it better. I didn't know it was the mainstream way.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, don't know 2x2 terminology. I only started 2x2 three weeks ago. What's OSPA and SOAP? What do they stand for? I have heard about SS before. Knowing general stuff about SS, CLL, and EG, I just picked CLL as the next thing to learn because I thought I would like it better. I didn't know it was the mainstream way.

OSPA: Orient Separate and Permute AUF

My thread on it http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?35203-OSPA(New-2x2-Method)

SOAP: Separate Orient All Permute

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/SOAP_Method

With CLL recognition can be very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.