• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash Rupela

WCA
2012RUPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well i m lately confused with what does lucky and non lucky PB mean. So would be glad if someone could answer these questions in a yes or no
1if i get a OLL or PLL skip, its lucky right?
2. if while making a cross(i get X cross or double X cross , without intending to do so and thus hit my PB), is it lucky?
3. if i get easy f2l pairs, which enables me to solve fast, which i cant otherwise, is it lucky?

Akash Rupela

WCA
2012RUPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pyraminx or Megaminx maybe?

Is there a program that I can use to get a whole bunch of 3x3 scrambles at once?

Though the language is not english of this page, u can understand this, just enter number of pages in the cantidad tab and click generar to generate that many page pdf file full of scrambles, this gives scrambles for other puzzles too. (u can print them out and do them without having to sit in front of computer)

Edit-lol fail i forgot to give the link http://www.rubikaz.com/ranking/generador.php :D

Last edited:

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pyraminx or Megaminx maybe?

Is there a program that I can use to get a whole bunch of 3x3 scrambles at once?

There was this thread a while ago.

(edit: I think this is what the person above me was talking about)

My question: What is the most used animal in Speedsolving usernames?
I'm thinking Panda.

Last edited:

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Is there a page anywhere which breaks down OLLs and PLLs and the relation between them to make them easier to learn? eg OLL x + OLL y = PLL xy? Or whatever. I've seen a couple of useful posts which describe getting free OLLs if you learn a certain alg etc. etc. but nothing that gathers the whole thing up. I've tried the wiki and searching the forums without much success

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well i m lately confused with what does lucky and non lucky PB mean. So would be glad if someone could answer these questions in a yes or no
1if i get a OLL or PLL skip, its lucky right?
2. if while making a cross(i get X cross or double X cross , without intending to do so and thus hit my PB), is it lucky?
3. if i get easy f2l pairs, which enables me to solve fast, which i cant otherwise, is it lucky?

The first two are lucky, the third is sorta iffy. If you get 4 3 move pairs during f2l then it is definitely lucky. If you get 1 or 2 it's probably not. However, if you get a 3 move cross, 2 three move pairs, a 6 move OLL and an H perm, then I would consider that a lucky full-step solve.

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought an East Sheen 2x2x2 from lightake. It seems very hard to turn quickly. No corner cutting at all. It doesn't seem to have springs or to be adjustable in any way. Is this normal?

HaraldS

WCA
2009STIF01
I bought an East Sheen 2x2x2 from lightake. It seems very hard to turn quickly. No corner cutting at all. It doesn't seem to have springs or to be adjustable in any way. Is this normal?

Yes it is normal. You will have to use it alot.

My old eastsheen though is really lose and turns faster than the lan-lans and v-cubes etc but the cornercutting isn't the best and it's kind of hard to controll.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah, Eastsheens are terrible for corner cutting. Try going to a "what cube should I buy" thread next time, there are about 5 2x2s that people would recommend before that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.