• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jont828

My Ghost Cube finally arrived today from HKNowStore! However, I did find while solving that the puzzle was very dry and I could hear the cube squeak due to a lack of lubrication. I did what I could and put some lube on the exposed parts of the edge/corner pieces, but I'm probably going to need to do a full lubing. Does anyone know a good way to disassemble/reassemble the Ghost Cube? Thanks!

QQW

WCA
2014WANG26
Ninja Storm's Avatar Join Date
Oct 2011
WCA Profile
2012ELLI01
YouTube
crazyninja300
Quote Originally Posted by QQW View Post
Question: I got a Shengshou 7 and 5 from Amazon.com a week ago. the 7x7 seems slower than the 5x5 and it feels like there is no factory lube. Is that normal? Have I gotten a fake? could somebody post a picture of a corner center piece to compare?
Is the 7x7 cubic?

If not, it's 100% not a Shengshou.

Yes from the outside it looks identical to the actual one(cubic, outer layer slightly larger) and the turning also feels alike to the 5x5 but harder.

And another question how do you quote correctly somebody?

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes from the outside it looks identical to the actual one(cubic, outer layer slightly larger) and the turning also feels alike to the 5x5 but harder.

And another question how do you quote correctly somebody?

Did you just hit the reply with quote button, to the bottom right of the post. I've never had any issues with it.

QQW

WCA
2014WANG26
My Ghost Cube finally arrived today from HKNowStore! However, I did find while solving that the puzzle was very dry and I could hear the cube squeak due to a lack of lubrication. I did what I could and put some lube on the exposed parts of the edge/corner pieces, but I'm probably going to need to do a full lubing. Does anyone know a good way to disassemble/reassemble the Ghost Cube? Thanks!

Sorry can't really help you but here is an advice: if you can find any centre caps, open them up and screw out the screw under it to make your ghost cube fall apart. Problem: you may not be able to reassemble it(i never have seen a ghost cube, so....)

sorry for the failed quoting

Last edited by a moderator:

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
What is considered a decent 7x7 average? Is 5:15 an ok avg5?

Depends on who you ask. Doing a 5:15 single solve in competition would currently rank you at about 400th in the world, out of around 1600 competitors. Whether you want to consider that decent is up to you.

I wouldn't worry so much about comparing yourself to others right now. You're probably improving quickly, anyway. So I'd ask yourself, are you happy with your times?

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
Man, I am sucking with PLL A perms and G perms. I've memorized the algorithms but I just forget the orientation sometimes. Should I just keep moving on to the next alg or should I go back and re-learn the A&G perms?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Man, I am sucking with PLL A perms and G perms. I've memorized the algorithms but I just forget the orientation sometimes. Should I just keep moving on to the next alg or should I go back and re-learn the A&G perms?
What do you mean you forget the "orientation" do you mean that you forget which side to perform the algorithm from, or something? I would get those algorithms down, especially the G's which come up very often before you learn anymore. Which ones do you still have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.