• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyLilyCuber

WCA
2014YAOC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average just above 20 seconds. About 20-22 seconds. I`m having troubles trying to break the sub-20 barrier, do you guys have any tips? I can post a video of some of my solves if you guys want. Thanks in advance:D

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright. Do you have any better g-perms? I still have rotations in mine :p
Gc (1x2 on F, headlights on R): R2' F2 R U2' R U2' R' F R U R' U' R' F R2
Gd (1x2 on F, headlights on B): R2' F' R U R U' R' F' R U2' R' U2 R' F2 R2

I also use F' U' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2' for Gb, and when I do do Ga (which is rarely; J-Ab is fast and easier to predict AUF) I use R2 u R' U R' U' R u' R2' b' R b. But these two aren't as good as the other two. Gc is my favourite.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gc (1x2 on F, headlights on R): R2' F2 R U2' R U2' R' F R U R' U' R' F R2
Gd (1x2 on F, headlights on B): R2' F' R U R U' R' F' R U2' R' U2 R' F2 R2

I also use F' U' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2' for Gb, and when I do do Ga (which is rarely; J-Ab is fast and easier to predict AUF) I use R2 u R' U R' U' R u' R2' b' R b. But these two aren't as good as the other two. Gc is my favourite.

Nice. I will use these.

ianliu64

I might be buying a Weilong soon, and I'm wondering, would it be neccessary to replace the springs and washers (maybe core) with dayan ones?

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I might be buying a Weilong soon, and I'm wondering, would it be neccessary to replace the springs and washers (maybe core) with dayan ones?
No, but if you get a DIY take extra care putting the screws in. The threading on the Moyu screws is poor and they have a tendency to end up wonky.

Kidologist

I learned to solve the Cube as a kid with NO book! Trial and error, now as an adult, I am using Dan Harris' book "Speed Solving the Cube" to relearn the final steps (which I forgot) and to get faster...

However, SEVERAL TIMES after I have the first two layers solved (easy) and the bottom edges lined up (that's next after the X on the bottom) and make the bottom solid, the book says you should have ONE corner solved and has a move to learn... nice when that is true. It says that it is impossible to have two corners solved. But I get that A LOT. It only offers "rotating 3 corners, one way or the other" OR (advanced) "swapping adjacent sides" or "swapping diagonal" but neither of those will work if you have TWO corners correct. Any of those moves will never correct the Cube.

Often the corners are ALL CORRECT, but in the wrong place - in fact, if I rotate the bottom one quarter turn, the Cube is solved on corners but ALL FOUR center/edges are off.

QUESTION: Is there an algorithm for swapping ALL FOUR bottom edges when the rest of the Cube is solved? As I end up there a LOT and have to just mess it up and start all over to get the "one correct corner" the book promises will be there for me.

Thanks anyone who can help me out!

I am using a Void Cube, so that may be the issue?

Nevertheless, here is how I keep ending up:

(attached images)

cubeending1.JPG

cubeending2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I finally decided to learn full PLL lol. Is there any particular order I should learn them in? What are the easiest ones to learn and fingertrick?
Learn G perms first because they're the most common ones. Many people avoid them; I still don't know Ga. T perm is a good one to learn because knowing it makes other PLLs easier, e.g. Jb and F. T perms are also really fast and easy to fingertrick. When you know Jb, Na isn't hard either. N perms are the least common ones though, so don't learn them until nearer the end.
I'm saying this guessing you've already learned Ua/Ub/H/Z//Aa/Ab/E for 2-look PLL; if you haven't already done so, learn those first.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I learned to solve the Cube as a kid with NO book! Trial and error, now as an adult, I am using Dan Harris' book "Speed Solving the Cube" to relearn the final steps (which I forgot) and to get faster...

However, SEVERAL TIMES after I have the first two layers solved (easy) and the bottom edges lined up (that's next after the X on the bottom) and make the bottom solid, the book says you should have ONE corner solved and has a move to learn... nice when that is true. It says that it is impossible to have two corners solved. But I get that A LOT. It only offers "rotating 3 corners, one way or the other" OR (advanced) "swapping adjacent sides" or "swapping diagonal" but neither of those will work if you have TWO corners correct. Any of those moves will never correct the Cube.

Often the corners are ALL CORRECT, but in the wrong place - in fact, if I rotate the bottom one quarter turn, the Cube is solved on corners but ALL FOUR center/edges are off.

QUESTION: Is there an algorithm for swapping ALL FOUR bottom edges when the rest of the Cube is solved? As I end up there a LOT and have to just mess it up and start all over to get the "one correct corner" the book promises will be there for me.

Thanks anyone who can help me out!

I am using a Void Cube, so that may be the issue?

Nevertheless, here is how I keep ending up:

(attached images)

View attachment 3228

View attachment 3229

If you use a void cube, you could often run into the so called "void cube parity". See more: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?6188-Void-Parity-Resolution-Algs
However, in your image, there is no parity, it seems a common H-PLL:
http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/PLL#H_Permutation

WCA
2012PATE01
I have asked this question allready but i want something more specified about It OK?
Where can i buy ss 6x6 and 7x7 mini preverably black with paypal where no acount needed, and that it is not needed that tey send you the invoice.

Zeotor

Where can i buy ss 6x6 and 7x7 mini preverably black with paypal where no acount needed, and that it is not needed that tey send you the invoice.
Cube Depot is a USA-based store. It sells the ShengShou 6x6 and the ShengShou Mini 7x7. PayPal is accepted there. I am fairly sure that no account is required. I am not completely sure because I haven't ordered from there recently.
SpeedPuzzles is a USA-based store. It sells the ShengShou 6x6 and the ShengShou 7x7. PayPal is accepted there. No account is required.

SpeedPuzzles automatically sends an invoice; I'm not sure if Cube Depot does this too.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Amazon sells the ShengShou 6x6 and the ShengShou Mini 7x7. PayPal is most likely accepted. An invoice is probably sent automatically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.