• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
It's not about the turning and stuff like that, it's about the puzzle itself. I'm not sure if I will like the square 1. I might just spend my money on other cubes

watch square-1 WR vids and stuff to decide. I got myself more 3x3s after watching a bunch of multi vids and getting inspired.

Branflakeftw

Gear Shift Parity? Please Help.

I do not know how to solve my gear shift since there seems to be an odd number of cogs or gears that need to be fixed for one big corner before it is solved. I know how to solve the Gear Shift normally.. I have tried descrambling it and trying to randomly fix it numerous times to get it back to an even number. Any advice? View attachment 2814

Everything is solved except the one corner. If it needed to twist an even number of gears I would know how to solve it.

gokkar

I do not know how to solve my gear shift since there seems to be an odd number of cogs or gears that need to be fixed for one big corner before it is solved. I know how to solve the Gear Shift normally.. I have tried descrambling it and trying to randomly fix it numerous times to get it back to an even number. Any advice? View attachment 2814

Everything is solved except the one corner. If it needed to twist an even number of gears I would know how to solve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43_S2N0Sio4

Last edited by a moderator:

noobium

Is 1-look solve possible with Ortega(2x2x2) ?? And if it is, is it easier than learning CLL+EG1 and be sub 4?

Because to me is seams possible since you can predict the 1st face permutation, the OLL, knowing the OLL impact on 2nd layer's permutation allow you to know the PBL...I am just not too sure of how hard it is to get that far in the solve everytime.

thanks,

Bump! Thanks!

Ellsming

Bump! Thanks!

Is it possible? Yes. Is it difficult? Yes. Is it potentially very very difficult if you get a pain-in-the-arse first layer? Yes. If you're good at tracking pieces (and I mean really good) then it should be doable. But you only get 15 seconds inspection, and then you're pretty much doing a blindfolded solve, so you might struggle to mentally work your way through the steps in that time.

Is it easier than learning CLL+EG1? Probably not, unless you can 'see' where the pieces will be after each turn with ease.

ZeeK

i ordered a panshi on lightake but i didn't receive the cube bag nor the torpedoes. does this happened to some one else? and does the torpedos woth the sending mails. then asking me for pictures ...... so i can complain but dont know if that worth.

though still that sucks

googlebleh

WCA
2012WEEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i ordered a panshi on lightake but i didn't receive the cube bag nor the torpedoes. does this happened to some one else? and does the torpedos woth the sending mails. then asking me for pictures ...... so i can complain but dont know if that worth.

though still that sucks

The PanShi doesn't come with torps anymore. I don't know Lighttake's deal with cube bags, whether you're supposed to get them or not, but from my experience with cube shops the bag is not included. Some people happen to get it as a freebie.

ZeeK

The PanShi doesn't come with torps anymore. I don't know Lighttake's deal with cube bags, whether you're supposed to get them or not, but from my experience with cube shops the bag is not included. Some people happen to get it as a freebie.
thx i didnt know that they were sold without torpedos because lots of people take them out, but i guess thats why they sell them without torpedos now .
on lightake they supposedly give a free cube bag for every cube order but i have lots of that bags from other orders so i don't need 1 more.

ok then ill continue trying my new panshi i like it it have a diferent feel than the zhanchi and they both really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.