• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedcuber101

I was wondering if there is a cube store(s) that has a good selection of 3x3's and 4x4's that are not expensive and ships cheaply to China. <5$ and what is it's name?

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
I am super bored and was wondering if any of you knew of some great youtube cubers to check out, or some awesome solves in general?

For me, Michal P.'s OH solves are very impressive and aesthetically pleasing to watch. I like bigcubes and megaminx vids too. Depends on what you like.

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
Even if you never touched a 3x3 at all for the next year, you would probably improve at it to some extent if you practiced 4-7 a lot because, as you say, they use CFOP too. You can't really give a limit on your advancement on 4-7 based on your current 3x3 speed, as your speed on the 3x3 stage of reduction will naturally improve while practicing 4-7.

Anyway, I average 12-13 on 3x3 and can do 40 second averages on 4x4, and I still have a lot of room for improvement even outside of the 3x3 parts of the solve. So if you want to improve at bigcubes, practice bigcubes and don't worry about your 3x3 speed right now.

Thanks, I'll focus on big cubes for naw. :p

piece popper

I am getting a megaminx for christmas, but I have a question. On amazon, it said that it was 81% off, and that it was 2.99. Does anyone have their doubts?

piece popper

So if nobody is suspicious, I have something else to ask. My average with 4ll friedrich is just under a minute. Should I start learning full PLLs, or keep practicing 4ll?

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My 50mm Zhanchi is great and all, but during one-handed solves I have to reverse corner cut and it just locks up on the smallest of turns. I have to hit it on the table to make it move okay. Also, the corners are not firmly together like my Guhong V2 pieces, one of the three corner pieces always sticks out. Is that normal and are there some ways of fixing that?

Last edited:

piece popper

Thank you guys. :)

Ok, more of a general question. If a piece pops on the turn that solves the cube, is it still considered solved?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.