• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex

epslots.png

yea can you use empty slots with right side of cube? picture explains better.

Thanks.

if it helps, this was the source of the cubeanimation http://www.cubeloop.com/php/cube/expert.php?chapter=f2l&subchapter=emptyslot

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarahjdes

Which Cubesmith sticker set is closer to the DaYan stickers that come with the cubes? Standard or studio? Also, any idea where I could buy DaYan logos? Even if I can identify my cubes by using them, I still like to see the proper logos on them. Thanks!

angham

WCA
2012HAMI01
Which Cubesmith sticker set is closer to the DaYan stickers that come with the cubes? Standard or studio? Also, any idea where I could buy DaYan logos? Even if I can identify my cubes by using them, I still like to see the proper logos on them. Thanks!
They sell dayan sticker sets on 51morefun.com

soup

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are there any particular "patterns" I should be looking for when doing centers for 6*6*6 cubes or larger? (I normally use trial/error center building.)

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
why is the blue side of my zhanchi still have a small spring sound? Allthe other sides are quiet but blue is not. I already tried flipping and taking out washer. And I used siliicone on the spring and screw...

WCA
2012CHIE01
why is the blue side of my zhanchi still have a small spring sound? Allthe other sides are quiet but blue is not. I already tried flipping and taking out washer. And I used siliicone on the spring and screw...

if you take out the spring of that side and just sand down both ends of the spring a little (there's a part of the spring that sticks out, round it out.), then the sound should go away since the spring sound is caused by the spring rubbing against the washer.

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have decided to try out Roux seriously beacuse I am so bored of CFOP.

1. How long is it possible to look during inspection?
2. How many moves is good to average first block and second block with?

shrtwrec20

New Zhanchi feels sloppy?

Hi all. I've only been cubing for about 3 weeks now. I bought an original rubiks cube from a site here in the uk. I liked the weight and feel of it, but wanted to get something faster, so I ordered a Dayan Zhanchi from the store linked to this site. It finally arrived yesterday and I was a little miffed to find it very light and turns way too sloppy for my liking. It tried to increase the tension but all I hear is the springs plinkin for a while, and then after a few solves they seem to loosen off again.

Is this normal?
Does it just feel strange because I've come from an original cube which had a more "positive" feel to it?

Thanks
Jule

JohnLaurain

After switching from a storebought to a Zhanchi, the Zhanchi seemed really fast, if even a bit too fast. Since you've already tightened the tensions, you can either overlube it slightly or get used to the speed. It took me maybe 2-3 days to get comfortable with it.

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi all. I've only been cubing for about 3 weeks now. I bought an original rubiks cube from a site here in the uk. I liked the weight and feel of it, but wanted to get something faster, so I ordered a Dayan Zhanchi from the store linked to this site. It finally arrived yesterday and I was a little miffed to find it very light and turns way too sloppy for my liking. It tried to increase the tension but all I hear is the springs plinkin for a while, and then after a few solves they seem to loosen off again.

Is this normal?
Does it just feel strange because I've come from an original cube which had a more "positive" feel to it?

Thanks
Jule
Since you're a newer cuber, I think it's pretty normal that switching immediately from a Rubik's brand cube to one of the fastest cubes around may put you off a bit. I think it's fine that you're using that cube (a lot of people say that you shouldn't start with the best cubes, but I think that using any cube at any level is fine), but you should be aware that using a fast cube makes you want to turn faster, which isn't always necessarily good, so maybe you're feeling that it's sloppy because you're turning it really quickly or something. As long as it's not popping, I don't think you should mess with the tensions too much, but I think it'll just take some time for you to get used to the speed of the cube, and then you'll be able to control it more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.