• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmmm....I look(ed) at both. Recognition time is a matter of practice of course. The algs and the cases are all incredibly similar and it really wasn't fun at all to learn. I would just close your eyes and apply 2 or 3 random cases that come to mind to generate a "random case". Then recognize, execute, repeat until it's etched into your brain.

Also, not that you asked but I think it's not really worth it in the long run. OLL is already incredibly fast and S4 doesn't have that many bad cases. At most it will make for some really fast (lucky) singles and some cool solutions.

Yeah, I never use it intentionally. It's just nice for those times when after flipped bad edges I already have a slot filled with a twisted corner. The recognition is super annoying. I'm thinking it might be easier just to use CPLS in those cases since I'm planning on learning 2GLL for OH anyway...

Akash Rupela

WCA
2012RUPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Felix Jen

Lubix Edge Mod

Is doing the Lubix 48 eight point edge mod on a Dayan Guhong even worth the time? I didn't lube my Guhong and it has a set of Lubix torpedoes in it already.

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is doing the Lubix 48 eight point edge mod on a Dayan Guhong even worth the time? I didn't lube my Guhong and it has a set of Lubix torpedoes in it already.
It depends how much you value the quality of your cube. I think it's worth the effort for the small advantage of the mod, others might think differently.

andyfreeman

I can figure how all the OLL cases got their name, but I can't figure out "Sune". Why "sune"? Where did it come from?

cubeone

I got my first speedcube in the mail a few days ago, (its a zhanchi) and I was wondering if putting lube in it (it already turns pretty fast)would make it last longer. If so, how long?

aronpm

I got my first speedcube in the mail a few days ago, (its a zhanchi) and I was wondering if putting lube in it (it already turns pretty fast)would make it last longer. If so, how long?

Where did you buy it? Depending on where you got it from, if it was assembled it's probably already lubed with good lube.

cubeone

Where did you buy it? Depending on where you got it from, if it was assembled it's probably already lubed with good lube.

I just bought it from amazon (only because I knew they would have fast shipping) so I don't think it has any lube in it.

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just bought it from amazon (only because I knew they would have fast shipping) so I don't think it has any lube in it.
Putting lube in it should make it turn a little faster. However, some people might not want their cube to turn faster, since there's a fine line between "fast" and "uncontrollable." If you don't mind making your cube faster, go ahead and lube it. Don't use vaseline though; it's horrible.

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Is there a way to do the adjustable V5 mod, but using the same core that came on the cube? (Basically I want to know if it is possible to remove the original screws from the core, then swap them out with adjustable screws, but into the same core.) I don't have a spare 3x3 core, and I want to know if I can do the mod without one.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a way to do the adjustable V5 mod, but using the same core that came on the cube? (Basically I want to know if it is possible to remove the original screws from the core, then swap them out with adjustable screws, but into the same core.) I don't have a spare 3x3 core, and I want to know if I can do the mod without one.

do but I have heard the V-cubes are making them now try contacting them for one

Status
Not open for further replies.