• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In rare cases you will need 8 moves if you only use one color. It's best to keep the movecount low, though some crosses have better solutions that take more turns, but are more finger friendly.

Ltsurge

I have a request...
can somebody post a document which has relative times on it for 3x3 i.e.
if i get 10s for f2l what should my final time be etc

I just want to see the times I should be getting as i progress

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a request...
can somebody post a document which has relative times on it for 3x3 i.e.
if i get 10s for f2l what should my final time be etc

I just want to see the times I should be getting as i progress

At 10s F2L I'd say you'd be around 18. (3 OLL, 2 / 3 PLL, 10 F2L, 2 / 3 cross)
There's no common progression, it's different for everyone.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there any text page of advanced cubeshape? I'd prefer just each case written down on like a chart, and I can just go through and memorize what needs to be done for the particular shape.

I admit my algorithms aren't the best, but you can use my square-1 BLD page for it (in my signature) - every one of my algs are move-count optimal, anyway. There are definitely better ways to do some of them, but at least they're move-count optimal.

Another alternative you could use is at http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~mfung/speedcubing/algs/square-1/ - I don't know how good they are, but it looks like they have more zeros than I do, which is what usually makes an alg good, so they're probably better than mine.

Last edited:

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On a scale of 1-10 would I suffer in the long run from using yours? I don't know how far I will get with sq1 but I certainly don't want to be forced to relearn stuff :).
I admit my algorithms aren't the best, but you can use my square-1 BLD page for it (in my signature) - every one of my algs are move-count optimal, anyway. There are definitely better ways to do some of them, but at least they're move-count optimal.

Another alternative you could use is at http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~mfung/speedcubing/algs/square-1/.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
On a scale of 1-10 would I suffer in the long run from using yours? I don't know how far I will get with sq1 but I certainly don't want to be forced to relearn stuff :).

Most of mine are fine, but a few are terrible (like the kite-square). I see in that other list, the kite-square looks great. Maybe you should just use that other list.

Squishypants

YouTube
Visit Channel
CUBE4YOU question. Is there a certain way, or an amount of time one should wait to get in touch with them? I was missing a piece from a DIY cube, and they haven't answered 3 e-mails in 3 days...just wondering if there's some secret code or something?

dabest2500

M2 U' M2 U' M' U2 M2 MU M' U2

Does anyone know where I Can buy the torpedoes found in the LunHui separately?

EDIT: Also, will changing my DaYan GuHong's core, springs, screws and washers to another brand's make an improvement?

unirox13

M2 U' M2 U' M' U2 M2 MU M' U2

Does anyone know where I Can buy the torpedoes found in the LunHui separately?

EDIT: Also, will changing my DaYan GuHong's core, springs, screws and washers to another brand's make an improvement?

I swapped out the stock Guhong parts for a C4Y core (the red one) and some stainless steel screws and springs. I noticed after about 1 month of play that the core seemed soft or gooey. I'd lubed with lubix so I figure it must be the core itself, the C4Y core is much sturdier and just feels better in my guhong than the stock core did. As far as the screws and springs, I'm just paranoid, I noticed that they were magnetic and that got me thinking that the chances of them rusting and corroding over time was much greater. I happen to work at a hardware store, I took one of the screws and springs in and bought actual stainless steel versions of both. They feel the same in the cube, but my mind is a Little more at ease about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.