• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2864

Pengy timer has a pengy and sometimes owly.

Only 1337 can get it, so us plebians will never be worthy of its might. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

taiga

For simple 7x7x7 solving which video series (youtube) do you advice?

PS: I know 5x5 solving only 2 algorithms.

dabmasta

:eek:
I have like 30+ 3x3 stage normally, and I average 1:30
Learn Yau :D
When I do Redux, I have like 16 centres? With Yaudux I have like 35 centres, 20 edges, 35 3x3 stage :s (that's taking parity into account.)

Edit: Hope that answered your question :p Sub 30 centres is easily good enough for sub 2. Sub 2 is easy lol.

More like sub 40 centres. Yau would be great but the keyhole style last 4 centres is a little awkward I think.

Keyhole style? Lolwut? Centres are easy like this, it just takes a little longer.
Anyway, you could do centres exactly the same as Redux, if you setup the unsolved cross edge to be where you're turning. I think my centres are about the same, or only slightly slower than Redux centres. The thing that slows me from 16 to 35 (it's prolly more like 18 to 32 now that I think about it) is building the first 3 cross edges.
My final suggestion? Learn Yau :D IMO makes 4x4 more fun, less frustrating, and also, as a result of it being more fun, I improve faster because I practise more.

When I do Yau, sometimes I'll get parity on my last edges that need to be paired. How do you fix this without screwing up the cross?

cuber952

WCA
2010Brec01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I do Redux, I have like 16 centres? With Yaudux I have like 35 centres, 20 edges, 35 3x3 stage :s (that's taking parity into account.)

Edit: Hope that answered your question :p Sub 30 centres is easily good enough for sub 2. Sub 2 is easy lol.

More like sub 40 centres. Yau would be great but the keyhole style last 4 centres is a little awkward I think.

Keyhole style? Lolwut? Centres are easy like this, it just takes a little longer.
Anyway, you could do centres exactly the same as Redux, if you setup the unsolved cross edge to be where you're turning. I think my centres are about the same, or only slightly slower than Redux centres. The thing that slows me from 16 to 35 (it's prolly more like 18 to 32 now that I think about it) is building the first 3 cross edges.
My final suggestion? Learn Yau :D IMO makes 4x4 more fun, less frustrating, and also, as a result of it being more fun, I improve faster because I practise more.

When I do Yau, sometimes I'll get parity on my last edges that need to be paired. How do you fix this without screwing up the cross?
Use u' R U R' U' F' U F u

hawkmp4

Whats the best way to dissolve the super glue in my 6x6, I need to replace a pin but I cant get the glue out.

A quick bit of research gives that acetone is the best (and only, it seems) way to dissolve super glue. Problem is, acetone may damage your cube.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whats the best way to dissolve the super glue in my 6x6, I need to replace a pin but I cant get the glue out.

A quick bit of research gives that acetone is the best (and only, it seems) way to dissolve super glue. Problem is, acetone may damage your cube.

This.
You can try to scrap out the dried out glue. That's what MMAp did

dabmasta

Use u' R U R' U' F' U F u

Thanks man.

hawkmp4

Yeah. The issue is that superglue doesn't work like, for example, Elmer's glue. If a plastic is involved, the superglue dissolves a portion of the plastic and mixes itself. That's why plastic to plastic bonds are very strong with superglue- the superglue essentially turns the two pieces into one. It's not just super-sticky.

ariasamie

YouTube
Visit Channel
when I bought a pyraminx, I tried to solve it myself.
It took me about 30 minutes too come up with this method:
first I solve 1 layer. (the layer which the pyraminx stands on.)
then I solve the top head using only 1 algorithm. so it is 1LLL.
I don't think if this method is OKA method.
is it a new method? if it is what's your idea of making a tutorial on this method?

hawkmp4

and to add to what riffz said,
there is no such thing as a faster or slower method, its like saying how much "slower" is petrus than fredrich
If you want an oka tutorial, this is the best one ive seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045nrROkRRU

So 4LLL isn't slower than OLL/PLL? Yeah, certainly you can be slower with OLL/PLL, but we still say 2LLL is faster than 4LLL.
Similarly, we say Ortega is faster than LBL with OLL/PLL for 2x2. Yes, someone could be faster with LBL than Ortega, but we still say Ortega is faster.

liljthedude

WCA
2011PIER02
YouTube
Visit Channel

This.
You can try to scrap out the dried out glue. That's what MMAp did

I used a drill with a bit thats was a point. Make sure the end of it is smaller than the rivet.

Status
Not open for further replies.