• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXzaKerXx

I ordered some stuff at Popbuying, and after keying the credit card, they led me back to the homepage, and they did not send me an email. With no indication whatsoever, how can I find out whether they've processed the order or not?

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When should I switch from Redux to Yau?

You have to use K4 for 7 days before you can switch to Yau.

But after the 7 days youll realize how amazing K4 is and stick with it.

I personally hate Yau. I cant get the hang of getting the last 4 centers while keeping the partial cross intact. I like reduction and K4 (once i learn the algs)

You do know that you do the centres the same in K4 and Yau, right?
and Yau is like K4/redution hybrid

Last edited:
WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How fast should my centers be on a 4x4 if I wanna sub 2?

Fast enough that Centers + Edges + 3x3x3 is less than 120 seconds. :rolleyes:

Oh, realistically? well, if you go for around maybe 50 second edges, then the centres + 3x3x3 should add up to less than 70 seconds. What is your 3x3x3 stage generally?

Usually sub-30

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01

Oh, realistically? well, if you go for around maybe 50 second edges, then the centres + 3x3x3 should add up to less than 70 seconds. What is your 3x3x3 stage generally?

Usually sub-30

:eek:
I have like 30+ 3x3 stage normally, and I average 1:30
Learn Yau :D
When I do Redux, I have like 16 centres? With Yaudux I have like 35 centres, 20 edges, 35 3x3 stage :s (that's taking parity into account.)

Edit: Hope that answered your question :p Sub 30 centres is easily good enough for sub 2. Sub 2 is easy lol.

Innocence

Usually sub-30

When I do Redux, I have like 16 centres? With Yaudux I have like 35 centres, 20 edges, 35 3x3 stage :s (that's taking parity into account.)

Edit: Hope that answered your question :p Sub 30 centres is easily good enough for sub 2. Sub 2 is easy lol.

More like sub 40 centres. Yau would be great but the keyhole style last 4 centres is a little awkward I think.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01

More like sub 40 centres. Yau would be great but the keyhole style last 4 centres is a little awkward I think.

Keyhole style? Lolwut? Centres are easy like this, it just takes a little longer.
Anyway, you could do centres exactly the same as Redux, if you setup the unsolved cross edge to be where you're turning. I think my centres are about the same, or only slightly slower than Redux centres. The thing that slows me from 16 to 35 (it's prolly more like 18 to 32 now that I think about it) is building the first 3 cross edges.
My final suggestion? Learn Yau :D IMO makes 4x4 more fun, less frustrating, and also, as a result of it being more fun, I improve faster because I practise more.

Innocence

Keyhole style? Lolwut? Centres are easy like this, it just takes a little longer.
Anyway, you could do centres exactly the same as Redux, if you setup the unsolved cross edge to be where you're turning. I think my centres are about the same, or only slightly slower than Redux centres. The thing that slows me from 16 to 35 (it's prolly more like 18 to 32 now that I think about it) is building the first 3 cross edges.
My final suggestion? Learn Yau :D IMO makes 4x4 more fun, less frustrating, and also, as a result of it being more fun, I improve faster because I practise more.

Keyhole style. Aligning the unsolved space to give you more freedom to turn. The move ergonomics for aligning that unsolved cross piece are not that great IMO.

Redux seems to make 4x4x4 more straightforward for me. 6 centres 3 edges 6 edges last 2/3 3x3x3 GOGOGO done.

Status
Not open for further replies.