• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inf3rn0

WCA
2009HOBB01
which cores are better C4U core or Rubiks (storebrought) core?
[please don't suggest other cores]

i'm gonna make a awesome hybird of: the winning core, type a screws & cube for you cubies...
Id say C4U cores easily.

My Rubik's core isnt that great, come to think of it neither is the whole cube.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Is it possible that 3x3 OH time is faster 2hand time??

Yes. Its very possible. Just don't practice 2H, and devote your cubing time to only OH.

Trust him. Learn all your algs 2 gen/good for OH. Everyone is so fast now, you're unlikely to get the 3x3 World Title. But if you non-stop practise something else eg. pyra, 2x2, 4x4, 5x5-7x7, OH, foot, not fmc, BLD, you could be World champ at one of those. Do this, only practise one event.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

chahupping

Yes. Its very possible. Just don't practice 2H, and devote your cubing time to only OH.

Trust him. Learn all your algs 2 gen/good for OH. Everyone is so fast now, you're unlikely to get the 3x3 World Title. But if you non-stop practise something else eg. pyra, 2x2, 4x4, 5x5-7x7, OH, foot, not fmc, BLD, you could be World champ at one of those. Do this, only practise one event.

not fmc??

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01

not fmc??
FMC doesn't require non-stop solving like other cubes to improve. You can solve other cubes, and still be awesome at FMC. But without practising 3x3 and OH, you won't pickup tricks along the way for FMC. Plus, Gus has FMC covered. Just focus on OH.

Nah, focus on whatever you want.

AndyRoo789

Premium Member
If I regularly(twice a week) posted cubing videos on youtube, around how many subs would I get per month?

Rubixcubematt

YouTube
Visit Channel
If I regularly(twice a week) posted cubing videos on youtube, around how many subs would I get per month?

It is about QUALITY, not quantity, with youtube videos. You could have heaps of videos, but no subs.
How do you relax when doing BLD in public?

Practice it enough at home your confident about successes, and take a ridiculously long time to memorise. People are just impressed that you can do it BLD, not how long it takes you. Also you could say 'sometimes I don't get it successful', and if you don't, just go 'ah well, next time hey'. Those are things I have found helpful. Oh, and also a deep breath :D

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I just got a 3x3 my Dad brought home from work, that had Orange stickers on every side. It has a Rubik's logo on one side, and Excelior logo on all others (just centre pieces). I took it apart, and it seems to have a type-a core (looks like one) and screw and springs. The pieces have thick plastic, and caps over the gaps. It's very tight, however, I'll break it in, then loosen it and lube it. Anyone else come across a similar cube? A promotional screw-spring cube?
Very interesting. And it has a weird Rubik's logo on it.

Cangurino

I have a couple of noob questions about reported times.
  • Do you allow for inspection before starting the clock, e.g., 15 secs as in official competitions?
  • In average times, do you cancel outliers? I.e., AO5 -> middle 3, AO12 ->middle 10.
  • How do you decide whether a solve is lucky or not?

Inf3rn0

WCA
2009HOBB01
I have a couple of noob questions about reported times.
  • Do you allow for inspection before starting the clock, e.g., 15 secs as in official competitions?
  • In average times, do you cancel outliers? I.e., AO5 -> middle 3, AO12 ->middle 10.
  • How do you decide whether a solve is lucky or not?

1-Im not 100% sure on this. But i would say so.

2-Yes you do cancel these. Best,worst times taken out.

3-Lucky solves can involve a skip of a methods step or something along those lines eg. PLL skip

Status
Not open for further replies.