• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

iCube4fun

When should you start learning how to solve a 4x4 rubiks cube?
BTW I have been cubing for 2-3 months and average 55 seconds.

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nevermind that question.

Would an Alpha V have a crisp feel like a Rubiks brand?

It's way more crisp/loud compared to a rubik's brand.

When should you start learning how to solve a 4x4 rubiks cube?
BTW I have been cubing for 2-3 months and average 55 seconds.
You can start whenever you want. Memyselfandpi started cubing with a 4x4 before 3x3 so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Solve

What is the difference between 3-cycle and piece by piece BLD methods? Which is more efficient?

tasguitar7

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nevermind that question.

Would an Alpha V have a crisp feel like a Rubiks brand?

Well, it is crisp and I suppose a Rubik's brand is also. If you are looking for a good crisp feel I would recommend a Lingyun v2 however.

What is the difference between 3-cycle and piece by piece BLD methods? Which is more efficient?

3 cycles are more efficient.
Piece by piece methods are like Old Pochmann where you swap 2 sets of 2 pieces, one of which you ignore and will end up solve in the end (the corners on T-Perm in old pochmann, the edges on Y-Perm). You only solve one piece at a time and perform an alg for each piece. 3-Cycles give the possibility of solving more than one piece per alg and are therefore more efficient, however more difficult to learn and implement. If you are starting BLD you should start with Old Pochmann which is piece by piece.

Last edited by a moderator:

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
I learned Square-1 cubeshape on Tuesday. Now, I know cubeshape, CO, EO, and CP. After and average of 50 with these 4 steps, I average 29.48. Should I learn at least some EP now?

Yes. To start with, I'd learn a parity alg (whichever you want), adj-adj, and the U perms. Also opp-opp and H perm, but with <M2,U>-type-moves, these should be intuitive enough that you don't need to think of them as algs.

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. To start with, I'd learn a parity alg (whichever you want), adj-adj, and the U perms. Also opp-opp and H perm, but with <M2,U>-type-moves, these should be intuitive enough that you don't need to think of them as algs.

Just to be clear, is parity the first case here? http://www.cubezone.be/square1step5.html

I'll start learning EP tonight :) So excited!

iCube4fun

I'm new to cubing and I want to get the Shengshou 4x4, where would be the best place to get it/buy it?
BTW I live in the US and would like to buy it from a place that will give me cheap/free shipping for that specific order.
By place Im referring to online cube stores.

Speedstack89

Hi there.

I will soon purchase a 5x5 cube. I want to know which cube is better out of the box, the Shengshou or the QJ pillowed cube.

maxyso

I'm new to cubing and I want to get the Shengshou 4x4, where would be the best place to get it/buy it?
BTW I live in the US and would like to buy it from a place that will give me cheap/free shipping for that specific order.
By place Im referring to online cube stores.

This place takes longer but has some cool stuff Hknowstore.com
Cubicle is good but their out of stock of popular black cubes pretty often. If you want to find more good cube stores, look in the cube store section in the forum.

Hi there.

I will soon purchase a 5x5 cube. I want to know which cube is better out of the box, the Shengshou or the QJ pillowed cube.

Shengshou will also be better after lubing and tensioning as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.