• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

s3rzz

If you don't want to search out a video...

I used a dyke cutter to keep the mess down, hacksaw works just fine as well but its a possibility you'll cut the center pieces

maxyso

I know how to solve 4x4 reduction but when people ask what edge pairing (like order?) you use, someone answers like 2-2-2-... or like 4-2-2... what are they talking about?

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
I know how to solve 4x4 reduction but when people ask what edge pairing (like order?) you use, someone answers like 2-2-2-... or like 4-2-2... what are they talking about?

Those numbers refer to how many edges the person pairs up with each slice-and-slice-back. Like, for a beginner's reduction, you would do a wide turn to pair up one edge, move it out of the way, and undo the wide turn, resulting in a single paired up edge. Or you can do the wide turn to pair up one edge, and then when you replace it with another edge, do it in such a way that when you undo the wide turn, a second edge is paired up (2-2-2-....). 3-2-2-2-3 is a commonly used reduction edge pairing method where you do a wide turn before doing anything else, and then replace 3 of the edges on that slice in such a way that when you undo the wide turn, 3 edges are paired up. And then they proceed with the 2-at-a-time pairing I just described (And since you did 3 the first time, then there will be 3 edges left after doing a few 2-at-a-time pairs, so when you do the 2-pairing approach, you'll actually solve all the remaining 3 edges at once by default)

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could someone circle the places to shave off plastic on the ss 4x4 v3 for the florian and konsta mod combined?
I'm just mostly afraid of shaving off too much plastic/not enough plastic/taking plastic off where you shouldn't. I've only modded my guhong before and I think I relied more on breaking in for 6 months than actual modding.

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could someone circle the places to shave off plastic on the ss 4x4 v3 for the florian and konsta mod combined?
I'm just mostly afraid of shaving off too much plastic/not enough plastic/taking plastic off where you shouldn't. I've only modded my guhong before and I think I relied more on breaking in for 6 months than actual modding.

Just do it. Stop being a wuss :p

...I'm such a great friend :p

Last edited:

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah i did the mod horribly according to my black ss 4x4 v3. idk what i did wrong. but it sucks now. i didnt do the konsta mod though. im debating whether or not to do that. i dont think it would make a difference, the cube isnt as good as it was in my opinion. i just suck at modding. lol but give it a shot!

Solve

Orient then posititon

Is there a way that you can orient all of the pieces on a cube then position them? I don't think its possible, but I figured It couldn't hurt to ask. It might be useful as a FMC method.

Status
Not open for further replies.