• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletonboy

How you all practice OLL's and PLL's cases, I mean how you get those specific cases which for which you are learnin the algorithm?

Practice to muscle memory. First, you look at the algorithms and do it. Then after that, look at the cube while you are slowly executing the algorithms (not memorized) and figure out a pattern or specific way to memorize. I find G-Perms easy to memorize because I always think of "Take out a pair, move the block in the 'town' do some modifications to the surrounding of the block, then move the block away."

After that, you should do it over and over again, using your memorizing method of your choice, until you can do it (at any speed) without looking at the algorithm. And then after that, it gets faster and faster.

But a tip I have for you is that after memorizing an algorithm, of course do it a lot. But after that, stop for a while. Because right after that time, it is short-term memory.

You must stop for a while, say 20 minutes at first, see if you can still execute it at the same speed or even faster. Then stop for an hour after practicing. Repeat again, see if you understand and know the algorithm. You can do it in timee intervals of your choice, I seem to do 20min stop, then an hour stop, then a full day stop. After a few days of practicing and stopping, it should either be in your muscle memory or long-term memory (probably both).
Does anyone know Dayan's official website? I've tried finding it on google, but I can't find there actual site.

This would be wrong, but it's the closest I could find according to my recent 10 min research :/ :http://www.china-magic-cube.com/

They might not have a website after all.

Last edited:

mwcuber98

I'm new to cubing (I use Dan Brown) and I'd like to know if I should start learning Fridrich, or when I should. I average in the early two's.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm new to cubing (I use Dan Brown) and I'd like to know if I should start learning Fridrich, or when I should. I average in the early two's.

If you're new I recommend you slowly experiment, even with other methods if you like. When you're new don't worry about progress; simply experimenting will increase greatly your understanding and you'll progress anyway.

For Fridrich just give it a go on and off and if you get it you can begin to use it, otherwise just take it slowly,

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

You can learn any method you want, no matter your speed.

If you wanna learn CFOP(fridrich),
How to be sub 20
How to practice.
Road to Sub-15 Second Averages

Or try out other methods:

Roux:
Waffle
PandaCuber and 5BLD
Donovan
Gilles Roux

Petrus:
Lars Petrus
Fixing Bad Edges

CFOP:
Badmephisto
Joël van Noort
Erik Akkersdijk

ZZ

Waterman

Heise

skeletonboy

when I should. I average in the early two's.

Now.

I'm new to cubing (I use Dan Brown) and I'd like to know if I should start learning Fridrich. I average in the early two's.
Fridrich is definitely a good method to use, from beginner to advanced, there are hundreds of variations and techniques to learn.

Other not-so-popular methods are good too, although I rare seen a solve with other methods as fast as CFOP(Fridrich). Other methods do has potential, just that they haven't expressed it to its full point.

Last edited:

ZeeK

I have assembled a new WitTwo. But I can't turn the cube. Any ideas what's wrong?
it happend to me the first time i assemble it what was actually the problem was that the iner edge pieces could be divided by 2 and u should have 6 half edge pieces that have a thing coming out u should join 3 edges of 2 halfs with the thing coming out from both half pieces. that 3 edges are used to maintain 1 of the 8 outer pieces in place with the core so it doesn't rotate, it stays with the same center piece. there is a video on youtube although its hard to see and understand(Chinese). cant find the link.

Hodari

Especially if you want to learn Fridrich, I'd say use Badmephisto's beginner method rather than Dan Brown's. Switch as soon as possible and it will make a much easier transition to Fridrich.

SZ

Help with mf8 dayan 4x4

Hello,
Today i tried to lube tye core of the cube and unscrewed the white ball and a bunch of little pieces came out and i dont know howto put it back to together. Please help.

mwcuber98

I'm just starting with Fridrich, and I've already learned F2L and OLL. There are a gazillion PLL cases, and I'm having trouble learning them. Any suggestions?

Edit:
I mean I have learned some, but not 100% in full.

Last edited by a moderator:

aronpm

In the top of the page, click Settings and then on the left side of that page, under My Settings, click Edit Avatar

skeletonboy

I'm just starting with Fridrich, and I've already learned F2L and OLL. There are a gazillion PLL cases, and I'm having trouble learning them. Any suggestions?

Edit:
I mean I have learned some, but not 100% in full.

There are more OLL algs than PLL. I'd say a gazillion OLL cases...

anyway, PLL cases are my favorite to learn. Most of them are easy to learn. I say just practice them over and over again, looking at the algorithm sheet or whatever you are following the algorithm on. Then try to recognize some patterns such as F2L pairs, blocks, or maybe even a story. (I actually use the "story" method for memorizing G-Perms, works well for me)
Using your memroizing method, try to do it blindfolded. If you can't just do it over and over again until you gain muscle memory ot short term memory. Now, you must transfer this into long-term memory. You can do this by either cubing with that algorithms consecutively for many hours (risk a scold from parents), or stop at 1 hour intervals. Say you do the algorithm a few times or practice it, then you stop for I hour. Then practice again. Within a day, it should be in both muscle and long-term memory.

ralphie6

YouTube
Visit Channel
Shengshou 4x4 v3 Problem

Hey,

A week ago i got my ss 4x4 v3 and it was great but when i lubed it with lubix the Inside mechanism was getting out of allignment or something so i can't turn the middle layers anymore what can i do about it?

cannon4747

WCA
2011vili01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey,

A week ago i got my ss 4x4 v3 and it was great but when i lubed it with lubix the Inside mechanism was getting out of allignment or something so i can't turn the middle layers anymore what can i do about it?

take it apart and clean it out. but it sounds like the cube just needs to be tensioned properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

ralphie6

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey,

And i already cleaned it out but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.