• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
QJ is the cheapest I can find. $5.58 on FastTech.

If you're looking just to learn skewb, get it, but I won't be that good in case you want to get practicing.. I bought mine looking for the cheapest as well and it's not that fast, pops a lot, has tough springs for the bearings, it's awful.. Get a lanlan, it's the most widely used, I know it will replace my qj..

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question for the delegates, wca people, board:

Is it mandatory for a competition to have the year it is being hosted in its official name?

Also, is there an specific thread to place questions to the wca people, delegates, board, etc.?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the best set of algorithms to learn for CFOP or ZZ in general?
CFOP: OLL-PLL
ZZ: OCLL-PLL
Well i meant like for skips or just to make the next steps easier
COLL-EPLL is easier for ZZ OH because the second step is entirely 2-gen. You also have a higher chance of a second step skip (but less chance of a first step skip. However, if the corners are oriented already, you could just end with a PLL, so you get a 1lLL more than OCLL-PLL).

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I find the 1-corner cases very easy to recognize and execute.

Edit: I believe the propability of each WV case is the same.
Yep. 27 WV cases, one for each CO.
I have learned the 0-1 oriented corner cases, and most of them aren't that difficult to learn/execute at all. But I haven't practised them, so my recog is still awful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.