• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
The probability of getting double parity 5 times in a row, though (if the probability of getting it once is actually 0.25), is 0.0009765625. That doesn't happen very often.

KiwiCuber

WCA
2013ASBE01
Not really Michael. I believe it's 1/7 (not sure on this) for pll and 1/27 for oll

1/6 for pll but you're right for oll

OLL:
First 3 corners have 3 orientations that can occur (so 3x3x3 possible) and these orientations determine the orientation of the last corner so 1/27

PLL:
If you ignore auf for now (simplifies but gives same result) then you fix the first corner, you can then place 3 corners in the spot adjacent then two in the diagonal spot and only one left in the last spot. So you have 1x3x2x1=6 positions ignoring auf and only one of those is a skip. If you incluse auf then you just have 4 times as many combinations but you then divide by 4 for chance of skip

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
Just took all the stickers off my new Weilong and i tried wiping off the residue but now its really sticky and I think there may be a bit of it that got inside the cube. What should I do to get it off?

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just took all the stickers off my new Weilong and i tried wiping off the residue but now its really sticky and I think there may be a bit of it that got inside the cube. What should I do to get it off?

The residue comes off if you just rub it with your fingers. You can also try wiping it off with a paper towel. Diassemble the cube to make sure there is no sticky residue between the pieces on the contact points.

Clarkeeyyy

WCA
2013CLAR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
On 4x4, for 3-2-3 edge pairing, sometimes I finish the first 3 edges and notice that a fourth has coincidentally been made, resulting in the four remaining broken edges being in the top layer. Is there a quick way to solve these four edges? The way I do it seems awkward and lengthy.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
On 4x4, for 3-2-3 edge pairing, sometimes I finish the first 3 edges and notice that a fourth has coincidentally been made, resulting in the four remaining broken edges being in the top layer. Is there a quick way to solve these four edges? The way I do it seems awkward and lengthy.
In that situation, I usually do 1-3. I used to do a similar thing if an edge had been made during centres+cross (do 2-2-3), but now I insert it into the F2L and use it as my first edge for 3-2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.