• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do I need a box or a bag with my name on to turn my cubes in for scrambling at a competition?

Nope, there will be a scoresheet that your times are written on, they will be laid out at the scrambling table (or wherever it maybe) and ther will be one with your name on. Put your cube on that.

WhipeeDip

WCA
2012YOON02
The best way to store cubes on the go?

I like to bring all my cubes (2x2, 3x3, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, mirror cube) around with me to school in my backpack. I usually just stuff them in a separate pocket. However, the stickers are starting to peel slightly due to other stuff in my backpack. I'd like to stop it before it gets worse.
What would be good (cheap) ways to store my cubes? Bags, etc?

Shagun Kala

WCA
2013KALA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
hey guys...
i m new to speedcubing....i m averaging 47 seconds with 2 look oll and 2 look pll
i want to learn full pll now...but i m not able to learn it........is there any video on internet that ll help me in learning....which shows me the easier way to learn them....?

one more question...
can i start solving 2X2 and 4X4 also or i should wait speedsolving 3X3 first....?

Last edited:

o2gulo

hey guys...
i m new to speedcubing....i m averaging 47 seconds with 2 look oll and 2 look pll
i want to learn full pll now...but i m not able to learn it........is there any video on internet that ll help me in learning....which shows me the easier way to learn them....?

You will not be able to learn them instantly overnight or so, just need patience to learn those 21 algs, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niCubJ779KU&list=PL0B7E0E5922B76D76&index=9&feature=plpp_video

o2gulo

With the new Dayan Megaminx, which would be better? Ridges or No Ridges?

Thanks. :)

It would be personal preference, But, I have slippery hands so I grabbed the one with ridges, But I have tried the non-ridged version, It doesn't affect your performance and it only promotes better grip :)

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hey guys...

one more question...
can i start solving 2X2 and 4X4 also or i should wait speedsolving 3X3 first....?

"i m" is 1 word
use "," instead of "....."

yes you can learn full PLL.

no, youre not allowed to solve a 2x2 unless you average sub 20 on 3x3.

unirox13

I like to bring all my cubes (2x2, 3x3, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, mirror cube) around with me to school in my backpack. I usually just stuff them in a separate pocket. However, the stickers are starting to peel slightly due to other stuff in my backpack. I'd like to stop it before it gets worse.
What would be good (cheap) ways to store my cubes? Bags, etc?

Go to your local hardware store with all of those cubes. Head back to the section where they keep tool boxes. There will be a lot of different types of storage containers, of lots of different sizes. You should be able to find one that all of those cubes fit comfortably in.

By storing all of the cubes together in that separate case they'll not only be better protected from the other things in the back pack. It'll also look really impressive when you take them out.

vinayakmt

Iam planning to buy a new cube since my rubiks 3x3(current main) is too slow.I currently avg sub 25.Im planning to buy a zhanchi after Im sub 15 .But for now Which cube should i buy to get sub-20 : Shengshou 3x3,Ghost hand v2 or The F-III?

Solve

On the lubix website it says that lubix is a "high viscosity pure silicone fluid." Does higher viscosity=better lube? Or are they just saying that to make it sound more official?

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
high viscosity just means thicker, so I think people have done tests and found that Lubix is just like 50,000 weight Differential Silicone Oil. If you bought a bottle of 30,000 wt diff oil and 50,000 wt diff oil, the 30k would make the cube faster and the 50k would make it gummier.

stevecho816

WCA
2012CHOS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my shengshou pyraminx. The inner layers are fine but the tips are not great. Some of the tips click too much and some of them don't click at all. It is also stiff. What should I do to make the tips click even and make it smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.