• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

wytefury

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok im sub 30 atm (about mid 20s like 24-27 average usually) and Im thinking about becoming color neutral. I think its still early enough that it wont be to bad (I just did an ao12 doing 2 solves starting with each cross and got a 33.xx ao12) I noticed I did really good with yellow cross both of my yellow cross times were sub 30 (29.37 and 28.79) So would it be worth it to be color neutral or maybe opposite color neutral?

I am not going to say much about whether it's worth it to become CN or not, because yes, it can help you for obvious reasons. But sometimes it may not help much at all. It'll probably take up to a second off your average time basically overall MAYBE a little more or maybe not quite a second. So it really won't don't much probably with your times. It's your personal choice whether to switch or not. I switched when I was about at your time too. It's possible. Just realize it'll take a while to get a good hold on it. I LOVE being able to solve CN, but I could see how just practicing one cross A LOT and getting really good at that one cross is also beneficial.

Chrisandstuff

Yea thats my point like Im so use to ignoring the yellow corners and stuff in F2L and it just keeps getting better with a white cross start, but at the same time I fell that ill hold myself back later on. If I stick to just white cross. Also when I do a solve on a different colored cross it makes it a little bit more fun (I have fun cubing but throwing in the curveball of different colors makes it just a little more fun but then Im dissapointed with the average lol) Also I dont think I could OH CN either (for the most part right now OH is based on pattern/color recognition for my algorithoms) Any other opinions?

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually found that OH CN was easier because the cube was turning slower, so I had longer to think about what was next. I broke my hand back in january and did nothing but OH for a month and decided that learning to be CN was a good idea. I was even on all colors after ~2 weeks. When I started 2H again it was just as easy as ever, and it makes for more x-crosses. A lot of times the scramble gives you 1 F2L pair for at least 1 cross color, so that makes F2L faster too. That was part of the reason I made the switch too, so my OH would have fewer moves, and therefore be faster.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3l) Cube puzzles must have at most one logo. For Rubik's Cube or bigger cube puzzles the logo must be placed on one of the centre pieces.
3l1) Colourless logos (max. 1 logo per colour) that are engraved are not considered as logos.

Why aren't more logos allowed? Not like it affects the solve... or does it?
And why would colourless logo not count as a logo?

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would 1 set of cubesmith vinyl sheets be enough material to cut stickers for a 50mm zhanchi, 55mm zhanchi, ss 4x4, ss 5x5, and ss 6x6?
?
Probably. But why not just get the sticker sets for the SS cubes

I don't want to spend $19.81 (puzzle addictions) or $21.xx (cubesmith equivalent for the amount of stickers) for a couple sets of stickers.
Is there another place that sells stickers for less? I want half bright with bright blue.

GregTheCuber

WCA
2012KAZA01
If you had 6 non-transparent logos your cube would be sth like void cube, colourless(i understand by that transparent) logos don't cover color of sticker, so they doesnt affect on solving.

awbridgers

on the topic of logos i bought some cubesmith stickers which came with the cubesmith logo. Do i just put the logo on the center cap or do i put the sticker on and then the logo on top of that?

Rubiksboy1

TiLiMayor said:
Can someone clear me up the body colours in which each of the Mini ZhanChi cubes will be available?

55mm mini ZhanChi will be in black or white.
50mm mini ZhanChi will be in black or white.
42mm mini ZhanChi will be stickerless only.

Status
Not open for further replies.