• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solve

Okay, thanks guys, I'll tell that newbie you said that. :eek:

Edit: Whoa! The newbie was practicing and he got a time of 28.79 seconds with this scramble:

R2 B D R U2 D' F' U' R B L' R B D' F2 R F2 R' U F2 D' F' U R U2

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
just depends on how much free time they have and I agree with 5BLD.

He apparently has 76 hours of free time in a week.

I say do 12 hours of cubing each day for six days and rest on the seventh day. And do focussed practice on a certain aspect for each three hour period. Or simply do 3 24 hour marathons which to me sounds more viable if said person is an adult, and so will be completely uninterrupted for the whole weekend.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
He apparently has 76 hours of free time in a week.

I say do 12 hours of cubing each day for six days and rest on the seventh day. And do focussed practice on a certain aspect for each three hour period. Or simply do 3 24 hour marathons which to me sounds more viable if said person is an adult, and so will be completely uninterrupted for the whole weekend.
Definitely not the 3 24-hour marathons. People learn while sleeping and you organize and retain things that you have learned while you sleep. It is much more effective to sleep between practices. So if you are practicing a lot, you might find that throughout the course of the day you'll improve some and after a good night's rest your times may have a jump.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Definitely not the 3 24-hour marathons. People learn while sleeping and you organize and retain things that you have learned while you sleep. It is much more effective to sleep between practices. So if you are practicing a lot, you might find that throughout the course of the day you'll improve some and after a good night's rest your times may have a jump.

Sometimes I just wake up slower though...

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yus. In fact I improved a lot when I had a weird sleeping schedule in the holidays... I practised for like 4 hours then rested for 2 and repeated. I agree 3 24 hour marathons back to back may be bad but maybe, just maybe a 24 hour marathon, rest for a day, repeat? Crazy?

Cubetastic

YouTube
Visit Channel
My shengshou 4x4 v3 is amazing, but my yellow side is really loose and smooth and fast compared to all the others, no matter how tight I have it set. It's very un-even compared to all the others. Any suggestions?

awbridgers

Im stuck at a cross roads. I want to either start using Petrus ZZ or roux but i cant decide which one. Someone help meh!!!!

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Im stuck at a cross roads. I want to either start using Petrus ZZ or roux but i cant decide which one. Someone help meh!!!!

Try out all of them.
5BLD said:
Methods don't have speeds
Try them out and see which one you prefer. I personally use roux, but am learning and practicing ZZ for OH. Pick whatever you like best.
Summary -
Roux: <M,U> spamming during LSE. Block building, tons of freedom. LSE
Petrus: <R,U> spamming during F2L finish. Block building, tons of freedom. COLL+EPLL
ZZ: <RUL> spamming during F2L. Pre-orienting edges before F2L. Not too much freedom, but great for OH. COLL+EPLL.

awbridgers

You say you use roux? how long did it take you to learn? did you learn the full CMLL? i really like this method but right now it seems really confusing

jokeryumyum

WCA
2008YUNS02
can't use stickerless cube in official competition?

i wonder.

if can't use stickerless cube. please post on here. (reason)

Last edited:

Ralinda4

i wonder.

if can't use stickerless cube. please post on here. (reason)

If you rotate a face 45 degrees you can see the back colour of the RB edge. People argue about whether this confers an actual advantage, but it makes sense to disallow them.

Solve

When I was first getting into cubing I used to love "lubethecube.com." It seems like JB and Rocco haven't done anything in a while. Anyone know what happened to these guys as they are awesome?!

I looks like a nice website, but I don't know what happened to the creators.

Question:
Human IDA*? Has anyone thought of this? I don't think it would be possible because it is a computer algorithm... but I thought I should ask just in case.

Last edited:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You say you use roux? how long did it take you to learn? did you learn the full CMLL? i really like this method but right now it seems really confusing

Roux is really confusing at first, but once you get the basic idea of it down (watch walk-through solves, check out example solves, etc) it's actually really easy. ATM, I'm using mostly 2-look CMLL, which can be done with only 8 algs. I'm starting to learn CMLLs now though. Algs aren't too hard. You can easily learn 3 a day or even a full set (6) with recognition.
Check out Donovan's tutorial (creator of Lubix) and 5BLD and PandaCuber's tutorial.
I hope you like roux! If you have any questions you can PM 5BLD (sub9), PandaCuber (sub15 iirc), or me (barely sub25).

Status
Not open for further replies.