• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got 3 back to back PLL skips on the 4x4. (not forced) Whats the chance of that happening? cause you gotta include pairity right

This is just an educated guess, but

Chance of PLL skip on 3x3 is 1/72.
Parity is 1/2.

Chance of PLL skip on 4x4 should be 1/144.

1/144 * 1/144 * 1/144 = 1/2,985,984

It makes sense but knowing me it's probably wrong.

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wouldn't you do 144*3 to make it a 1/432 chance?

The way I think of it (Plus I think I learned this around 2 years ago so I may be wrong)

The chance of getting the skip on solve 1 is 1/144.

The chance of getting the skip on solve 2 is 1/144.

The chance of getting the skip on solve 3 is 1/144.

Multiplying them together is what you do then. I'm not the best at explaining...

EDIT : Can we get some math geniuses in here? :p

sa11297

WCA
2011AGAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
think of it as probability is the outcome of a coin. For one flip, the chance of tails is 1/2. For two flips the chance of two tails is 1/4 or 1/2 *1/2. 3 flips is 1/2 ^3 and so on.
The only difference is that there are 144 different outcomes instead of just two, so you can think of it as a 144 sided coin (lol).

Arkwell

Does Feliks cube right handed, Left handed or ambidextrous?

I was just watching his 7.34 avg of 12 and he's so fast I can't tell. Also does he use double flicks, finger pushes or combination of both for his 180's.

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
I was just watching his 7.34 avg of 12 and he's so fast I can't tell. Also does he use double flicks, finger pushes or combination of both for his 180's.

I know for a fact that he uses both hands to do U2s for OP.

Is there an easier way to handle 2 cycles when doing 4x4 edge pairing? I slice and then look for the other edge while it's just at the bottom all the time. It trips me up and slows me down considerably. And is there another alg for PP when two edge pieces are adjacent from each other instead of doing R' U R U' then PP?

Divineskulls

WCA
2011RECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to mod my SS 4x4 VIII?

I have lubed it and it is pretty good, but it still lockup a lot.

Is there any mod?

I haven't done this to my 4x4 yet, but if you do the SS 5x5 mod on it, that should reduce lockups. Basically, just round off the bumpy parts of of the center pieces, edges, and the bases of the corners. If I didn't explain it well enough, here's the video:
SS 5x5 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.