• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

fariq

WCA
2009ISME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey. I have 2 questions. I just ordered an East Sheen 5x5x5 from HuskeyOmega's site, and there's just some stuff I was wondering about...
1: Are they making the cubes smaller than they used to, or am I just crazy? I used to have a black East Sheen 5x5, but it seems as if it was a lot bigger then. Is it that, or is it just that I bought a white one this time, as opposed to black the last time?
2: Is there a way to stop the center caps from coming off? As soon as I started my first solve with it, a center cap came off. All of them have been doing it, but the red seems to be the worst for this. Should I glue it down, or will the paper trick that works on the 7x7 work on this too?

1) It should be the same size
2) Use glue if u don't want to change the tension. The paper will also work.

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
What's the best way to open up a clock? I've left some nice nice and scratches from an exacto knife. Also, what's the best way to lube it?
Take scissors, put it in the hole things where the gears are, and pry it apart. The seal will begin to come off. It's relatively easy, and is sometimes referred to as the "Lucas Garron Scissor Method", as seen in this video. You can refer to David Woner's tutorial on how to lube the clock. You don't really have to sand down those peg things either, it just makes the rotation a little smoother.

NickH1337

WCA
2010HUTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so I got a Guhong recently and it feels really terrible, scratchy and locks up and pops a ton; even after lubing + tensioning. My friend has a guhong and his is waaay better than mine even without lube and feels way smoother. I also noticed that my Guhong is a lot heavier. What's the deal man?

souljahsu

WCA
2010HSUK01
I don't know. My Guhong is lighter than Nick's, they feel very different but the mechanism is identical. So we're sure that one of us have the POM.
Is there a way to tell?

I lubed mine with lubix, and he lubed his with jig-a-loo. His feels like an AV while mine feels like a cross between an F2 and an AV.

Btw, I got mine from a group order so it's unlikely to be a POM.

ilikecubing

WCA
2011KULS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you are doing timed solves,i mean ao5 or ao12 or watever,what do you do when your cube pops,stop the timer and start a new solve with the same scramble,or find the piece and fix it back and continue?

And

Edit: Was Erik's 2x2 WR single 0.96 Non Lucky?

Last edited:

Ordos_Koala

I stop timer, delete time and then I do that scramble again (I try to avoid same situations, for example I do my cross another way than I did at first)... at comp you have to repair it and continue, or DNF

Status
Not open for further replies.