• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feryll

how do you work the Generator Group option in CCT. Basically i want to program a 2-gen scramble option. I can't figure it out, or if what I'm doing is even possible. I've tried stuff along the lines of

(R,U)
(R,R',R2),(U,U',U2)
[R,U]
RU
ru
(R,U) /

etc

no matter what I input it reverts back to blank after I apply/save then close configuration and open it back up.
If you just want the scrambles, GQtimer has an easy option for it.

hawkmp4

I downloaded CCT for my mac, but it doesn't work when I try to open the java file. It says something about the console. Help, in return: Speedcubin.

Try downloading a different version. I know there have been issues in the past with CCT and macs, but to be honest I'm not sure what the current status is. The CCT homepage seems to say the issues should be fixed with CCT v0.9.5, but you might try CCT v0.9.4 or an earlier release. If that doesn't work, I'd advise shooting them an email with all the relevant technical information, I'm sure they can help you better than me.
They being [email protected].

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how do you work the Generator Group option in CCT. Basically i want to program a 2-gen scramble option. I can't figure it out, or if what I'm doing is even possible. I've tried stuff along the lines of

(R,U)
(R,R',R2),(U,U',U2)
[R,U]
RU
ru
(R,U) /

etc

no matter what I input it reverts back to blank after I apply/save then close configuration and open it back up.

I know there are online scramblers and stuff with it I was just wanting to do it in CCT. Anyone?

hawkmp4

I believe it is 12

You are correct.
"8a) Guidelines for a competition to become official according to the WCA:
8a1) The WCA Board must approve the competition.
8a2) The WCA regulations must be followed.
8a3) There must be a WCA delegate (appointed by WCA Board) attending the competition.
8a4) The competition must be clearly announced, and should be announced at least a month before the competition starts.
8a5) The competition should have at least 12 competitors.
8a6) The competition must be accessible for the public.
8a7) The authentic Speedstacks Stackmat timer (at least Generation 2) must be used for time measurement."

aronpm

should

WCA Regs said:
To make the regulations easier to read we use 'he' where the reader should read 'she or he'.
The use of the words 'must', 'must not', 'should', 'should not' and 'may' comply with RFC 2119.
RFC 2119 said:
3. SHOULD This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to ignore a
particular item, but the full implications must be understood and
carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

Last edited:

hawkmp4

(R,U)
(R,R',R2),(U,U',U2)
[R,U]
RU
ru
(R,U) /

etc

I know there are online scramblers and stuff with it I was just wanting to do it in CCT. Anyone?
http://cube.garron.us/cct/readme.html#generatorgroups
This looks to be your best bet.

InfernoTowel

When you do your cross planning, do you remember it in notation (e.g. F L D' B' R' D2) or just generally what you'll need to do ("OK, so I'll bring this edge down here, which brings this one up so that I can place it correctly...)

dabmasta

I downloaded CCT for my mac, but it doesn't work when I try to open the java file. It says something about the console. Help, in return: Speedcubin.

Try downloading a different version. I know there have been issues in the past with CCT and macs, but to be honest I'm not sure what the current status is. The CCT homepage seems to say the issues should be fixed with CCT v0.9.5, but you might try CCT v0.9.4 or an earlier release. If that doesn't work, I'd advise shooting them an email with all the relevant technical information, I'm sure they can help you better than me.
They being [email protected].

Thanks, I've tried this already, but I will use the email.

Thanks again.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you do your cross planning, do you remember it in notation (e.g. F L D' B' R' D2) or just generally what you'll need to do ("OK, so I'll bring this edge down here, which brings this one up so that I can place it correctly...)

The second one.

OMG de ja vu I swear these exact two posts have been in here before. Except I think the reply was "the latter". Wow

Feryll

Hey everyone,

I was looking at the wca site and when you go to a person it doesn't show personal records is there something wrong whit the site or something?

What do you mean by personal records? If you were allowed to type your times in yourself, then about 99% of the site would make every one of their best times "0.01 seconds". Only times in competitions count.
EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean :p Probably the site is acting funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.