• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Owen

If your a WCA delegate, and you follow all the rules, can you make all your solves official?

dada222

So any effective way to warm your fingers very quickly? Cold fingers affect my times so much... :(

Also, completely unrelated, do all of you fast solvers put the same color (cross color) on the bottom on every solve? I always do white and it has been hard to memorise the relative position of the colors as is. Surely being able to do any color would require hell of some practice?

Last edited:

Ryanrex116

WCA
2008JEWR01
So any effective way to warm your fingers very quickly? Cold fingers affect my times so much... :(

Also, completely unrelated, do all of you fast solvers put the same color (cross color) on the bottom on every solve? I always do white and it has been hard to memorise the relative position of the colors as is. Surely being able to do any color would require hell of some practice?

When I have cold fingers, I rub my hands together. If that fails, I use a looser cube.

Yes, a lot of fast solvers use the same color cross every time. I have been color neutral for 2 years now, and it just takes practice. I have done ~2700 3x3x3 solves since 1/19/10, if you want an idea of how much I practice. Keep in mind, I also practice every other event except for BLD events.

Last edited:

chahupping

Hey guys, I have been cubing for 1 year and now im stuck in all events..
For 3x3 speed im stuck at 16-17secs, i can do my f2l in sub 12 and i learnt full pll and 2look oll.. For OH, im stuck at sub 30s.. as for 4x4, i finish my redux at sub 45s, but my solves will end up 1:20 or more.. As for blind, im stuck at sub 4, i barely get sub 3 success.. The worst is minx, i can barely solve it under sub 5mins, even if i go slow and very smooth no pauses, but is still sub 4 only.. can any one help me?? please..

Ryanrex116

WCA
2008JEWR01
when you restring a master magic, can you just do type C for the first 3 tiles, then type D when you add a new one, and then alternate?

in other words, can you restring a master magic just like a normal magic using type C and typeD?

The standard way of stringing it is starting with D. If you want to try to do upside-down Ooms, then you should start with C.

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I have been cubing for 1 year and now im stuck in all events..
For 3x3 speed im stuck at 16-17secs, i can do my f2l in sub 12 and i learnt full pll and 2look oll.. For OH, im stuck at sub 30s.. as for 4x4, i finish my redux at sub 45s, but my solves will end up 1:20 or more.. As for blind, im stuck at sub 4, i barely get sub 3 success.. The worst is minx, i can barely solve it under sub 5mins, even if i go slow and very smooth no pauses, but is still sub 4 only.. can any one help me?? please..

I can't really answer but more recommend because your faster then me.
Maby learn full OLL, although your LL looks fine, probably just work on cross and F2L?

Can't give much advice on OH, I'm sub 40, although if you haven't already maby learn some different PLL's to suit your OH finger tricks.
http://loftycuber.webs.com/pll.htm
http://jmbaum.110mb.com/pll.htm
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/absolutemind/pll1h-angl.html

I don't speed solve the 4x4.

I'm in the same situation with BLD as you are, but I know my memory and execution has plenty of room for improvement. Just try speeding through the memorising with out rehersing and force yourself to remember should help your memory after practice.
If your execution needs help, maby practice sighted BLD method solves.

I don't have a megaminx.

Hope this helped. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.