• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
It leads to an interesting point though. At what point are you not allowed to fix it anymore?

Obviously it you literally popped every piece out you wouldn't be allowed to fix it (I would think). If you popped like half of a 3x3 could you repair it?
It's probably just judge's discretion.

AFAIK, you're allowed to put it back to together but not try to solve it when you do.

unirox13

Hey guys and gals, couple of quick questions for ya'll. I've been out of the speedsolving scene for a while. I've been focused mostly on expanding my collection with some unique and more complicated puzzles.

After stalking the forums for a couple of days it's pretty obvious that there are a ton of new speedcubes on the market. I'm looking to upgrade my current 3x3 to something a little newer and fancier lol. Right now I'm using a zhanchi and I really love the way it feels and I want a new 3x3 that has a similar feel. I'd imagine that with all of the new 3x3s out there that there's bound to be something similar, but still an upgrade.

Also, on a completely unrelated note. I've got a shengshou 6x6 that I lucked into used at a juggling convention last year. I took it apart when I first got it, adjusted the tensions some and lubed it. I don't know if I overlubed, or if the tensions are too tight, or if it just needs broken in, but it turns horribly. When I turn any inside layer the outer layer of the same side turns with it. It's incredibly stiff and just not a pleasure to solve. The main reason I'm confused about why it sucks is that my shengshou 8x8, which I took apart tensioned and lubed pretty much the same way, is perfect. Smooth turns, nearly finger trickable, and very even. I plan to just take it apart, clean it well, and then retension and lube. But I thought maybe one of you guys would have a secret trick to making it a joy to solve.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
Hey guys and gals, couple of quick questions for ya'll. I've been out of the speedsolving scene for a while. I've been focused mostly on expanding my collection with some unique and more complicated puzzles.

After stalking the forums for a couple of days it's pretty obvious that there are a ton of new speedcubes on the market. I'm looking to upgrade my current 3x3 to something a little newer and fancier lol. Right now I'm using a zhanchi and I really love the way it feels and I want a new 3x3 that has a similar feel. I'd imagine that with all of the new 3x3s out there that there's bound to be something similar, but still an upgrade.

Also, on a completely unrelated note. I've got a shengshou 6x6 that I lucked into used at a juggling convention last year. I took it apart when I first got it, adjusted the tensions some and lubed it. I don't know if I overlubed, or if the tensions are too tight, or if it just needs broken in, but it turns horribly. When I turn any inside layer the outer layer of the same side turns with it. It's incredibly stiff and just not a pleasure to solve. The main reason I'm confused about why it sucks is that my shengshou 8x8, which I took apart tensioned and lubed pretty much the same way, is perfect. Smooth turns, nearly finger trickable, and very even. I plan to just take it apart, clean it well, and then retension and lube. But I thought maybe one of you guys would have a secret trick to making it a joy to solve.

Um..I think your question should be here: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...be-should-I-get-quot-The-Puzzle-Choice-Thread Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

kylan

Hey! So I have an older original rubik's brand cube, but i have to replace it because some little kids took off stickers and lost them. I was wondering how much of a difference the cube i get will make on my time. I have a best time of 50.84 and average right around a minute. I just use intuitive F2L and basic beginner method for the ll (im trying to learn roux though).
Is there anymore information i should give?
Also im very sorry if i missed where this has been asked already, or anything.
Thank you!!

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey! So I have an older original rubik's brand cube, but i have to replace it because some little kids took off stickers and lost them. I was wondering how much of a difference the cube i get will make on my time. I have a best time of 50.84 and average right around a minute. I just use intuitive F2L and basic beginner method for the ll (im trying to learn roux though).
Is there anymore information i should give?
Also im very sorry if i missed where this has been asked already, or anything.
Thank you!!

Not particularly. A Dayan Guhong/Zhanchi or a Shengshou Aurora would be excellent choices.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just getting in to needing to really drill fingertricks, so here goes. On the standard Y perm F (R U' R' U' R U R') F' (R U R' U') (R' F R F'), does any one (reputable) do a right index finger push on that bolded F' ? I've been using it and it feels like its getting faster, but I don't want to practice something when theres a faster alternative.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Just getting in to needing to really drill fingertricks, so here goes. On the standard Y perm F (R U' R' U' R U R') F' (R U R' U') (R' F R F'), does any one (reputable) do a right index finger push on that bolded F' ? I've been using it and it feels like its getting faster, but I don't want to practice something when theres a faster alternative.

That works. You could also do the F' the way Chris Olson does it. Check out his video on Y perms

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not especially fast but I use the thing you suggested (but I use left index for the final F'). Try doing an ao12 or something using Chris Olson's one and the one we use and see what's faster for you.

NooberCuber

Try try the F' with your left index
same goes for hre F' in the J perm

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why do companies still produce cubes when they know that it is bad??
Shengshou 6x6

Well as long as the FCC approves it then it's a safe good product to be sold. Also not all companies know how bad there products are. An example the cheap crap Dollar store cubes can still be found even though there crap. Another thing is that some companies focus on Quantity and not Quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.