• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarathon

Do you know someone who has solved the 3x3 cube without the guides? I understand that there are people out there that have done this, but do you have to be a genius to do it? (I ask b/c a kid at school comes in everyday claiming he's currently doing it, I'm gonna try to recognize some of the algs)

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you know someone who has solved the 3x3 cube without the guides? I understand that there are people out there that have done this, but do you have to be a genius to do it? (I ask b/c a kid at school comes in everyday claiming he's currently doing it, I'm gonna try to recognize some of the algs)
I did. It took about a month though, and I regret doing it. It's so much easier to learn algs. I used Keyhole F2L and stupidly long commutators for the LL.

Machine

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can anyone reccomend me a dowloadable timer that stores all of your times, best resuts/averages, number of solves etc? I dowloaded Prisma timer and i like it alot except that everytime i restart the program, all my results dissapear. I wanna keep track of number of solves i do, and progress in my averages etc :)

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
I know it is suspossed to be like that. But unfortunately it isnt. Everything Dissapears, even in history.

Is there a puzzletimer.h2.db in the same folder as Prisma? Is there anything that could stop it from being saved in the same folder? If you have that file, you could send it to me and I can see if I see anything wrong with it.

intheowetrust

WCA
2014FINK02
Are sites such as lightake or wallbuys reputable or trustworthy? In the past I've bought from thecubicle. Many cubers seem to use these Chinese stores, but I feel uncomfortable giving them a credit card. Are these stores safe.

Thanks

RubiksJake12

Thanks for the answers, how long does the shipping usually take to U.S. from lightake?

Trustworthy, yes. Fast? No. My last order from Lightake took 8 weeks. Will not order from them again haha. The extra 1-2 dollars from another store is worth the speed in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.