• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

1) open Start menu
2) Type in "cmd", enter. This brings up the command line
3) Navigate into the folder where ksolve is
(hint for commands, without the aposthropes:
"d:" will change to disk partition D:\
"cd FolderName" will bring you into the folder FolderName)
4) Enter the command:
kslove 2x2x2.def 2x2x2.txt
5) Enter

See this if you want further instructions for using the command line.

Also, here is my screenshot how to use the program:

ks_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) open Start menu
2) Type in "cmd", enter. This brings up the command line
3) Navigate into the folder where ksolve is
(hint for commands, without the aposthropes:
"d:" will change to disk partition D:\
"cd FolderName" will bring you into the folder FolderName)
4) Enter the command:
kslove 2x2x2.def 2x2x2.txt
5) Enter
Thanks! That's worked.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Right so 21,5% is PLL meaning that a 15 second solve should have a 3.2 second PLL (incl. recognition). I guess people are too fast at PLL in general rather than me being relatively slow at it. I guess I'll work on my cross to 1 pair transition more and on my look ahead.

One can never be "too fast" at PLL. Rather, people are too slow at F2L in general.

Anyone know of a good super square 1 tutorial? I have it back to cubic form but no one has a good tutorial on solving like a 3x3x4 :/

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

BrandonSky

YouTube
Visit Channel
How can I get faster at doing middle slices?

When I use my ring finger to do M twice when doing M2 on a cube, it is slower that doing a r2' and then a R2. For example, the rare H permutation. I memorized the one that has a lot of M2's in it because it is the easiest PLL to learn. But I when I do M2 wilth my ring, it is slow, but when i do it using r2' and then R2, it is faster. Please give me some tips or a collection of tips on how to get faster at this?

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
M2 flick. One fluid motion, just like a U2 flick. Flick with the ring finger, then follow through with your middle finger to do an M2. While doing the H Perm, the way you do it fast is as soon as you do the first M2 flick, you do a U flick immediately, then the next M2 immediately, then the U2 flick immediately, and so on, in one smooth alg. That's how people sub 1 it. I can, and you can too, just practice these fingertricks.

TheNewbCuber

Does anyone know where I can get a sleek cool looking puzzle bag, preferably not too big, but large enough to hold a 3x3 and 2x2? Nothing too expensive, just a small knick knack.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know where I can get a sleek cool looking puzzle bag, preferably not too big, but large enough to hold a 3x3 and 2x2? Nothing too expensive, just a small knick knack.

thecubicle.us sells cube bags for $2 here

I notice you're in India though. SCMU shop is in India I believe and they sell personalized ones here.

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
In a WCA competition, what exactly does a "runner" do?

They help to keep things running efficiently by making sure all the timing stations have cubes at them, and that the solved cubes get back to the scramblers as quickly as possible. Depending on the size of the competition and the event, it can be a pretty hectic job.

TheNewbCuber

thecubicle.us sells cube bags for $2 here

I notice you're in India though. SCMU shop is in India I believe and they sell personalized ones here.

Thanks. I think I'll go with the cubicle, I got lot of relatives going and coming from USA, as that's where I'm actually born. Plus, I've seen SCMU, and for some reason, no offence to them, but the design of their website kinda makes me skeptical(specially the scmu logo, dunno why).

Status
Not open for further replies.