• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What do I use to bring my cubes to a competition. A backpack???

Nobody wants to answer?

No, because it's really obvious. Maybe we should add a regulation.

Fine, I'll take them in a backpack...

NOOOO that could ruin the whole competition! (Sarcastic).

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:eek:

Nobody wants to answer?

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02

Nobody wants to answer?

Dan Cohen uses a duffel bag, maybe that would improve your times... :p

Sherwood

I have a couple questions.

1. What is one of the best online shops to order cubes from? I'm looking for one that's very reliable and somewhat cheap.

2. What are some good replacement stickers to use on my cubes? (Preferably something cheaper than Cubesmith stickers, I'm not looking at spending $5.00 lol).

3. Finally, what do you recommend: a FII or a Diansheng. If it's Diansheng then what type, mini 222 or 333?

Thanks!

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a couple questions.

1. What is one of the best online shops to order cubes from? I'm looking for one that's very reliable and somewhat cheap.

2. What are some good replacement stickers to use on my cubes? (Preferably something cheaper than Cubesmith stickers, I'm not looking at spending $5.00 lol).

3. Finally, what do you recommend: a FII or a Diansheng. If it's Diansheng then what type, mini 222 or 333?

Thanks!

1. Popbuying.com

2. Cubesmith is worth it.

3. FII

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
1: Popbuying is pretty popular. They seem reliable enough if your item is in stock.

2: You're not going to find cheaper stickers of similar quality anywhere other than CubeSmith.

3: Dianshengs are meh IMO, I've never tried a FII though,

D

Deleted member 2864

2: You're not going to find cheaper stickers of similar quality anywhere other than CubeSmith.

I did find this guy on ebay. I contacted him and he says his stickers are vinyl and have more layers than cubesmith, which would mean better quality.

Same price pretty much too, if you are in america.

I wish he sold fluorescents though :p

He also has stickers designed to fit the newer cubes with rounded (and smaller) cubies, like the FII.

Truncator

YouTube
Visit Channel

dunpeal2064

WCA
2009WHIT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My Question: how can I tell the difference between cores? I bought a hybrid cube from Chris Bird, and my friend did as well. The Cubes are hybrids of each other, a C2 with a c4u core, and c4u with a c2 core.

Now, I can absolutely feel the difference, but the two cores look the exact same to me. btw, the c4u core isn't some crazy color, because I know a lot of people tell by that

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
My Question: how can I tell the difference between cores? I bought a hybrid cube from Chris Bird, and my friend did as well. The Cubes are hybrids of each other, a C2 with a c4u core, and c4u with a c2 core.

Now, I can absolutely feel the difference, but the two cores look the exact same to me. btw, the c4u core isn't some crazy color, because I know a lot of people tell by that
if its just the core, good luck, if its the whole frame you may be able to tell by the centers.

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
ah ok, that makes sense. is there any noticable difference between c2 and c4u frames? The caps and such seem very similar to a c... but then again, they are very similar cubes in the first place...

not sure if there is, you might be able to find this in like the cube review stickied thread or something, anyway, im trading my friend for is C4Y cube tomorrow and i have a regular c so i'll tell you the differences between those if you still don;t have the answer by then

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Errr, C2 and C4U have completely different "frames".

Every single part is rather different. Except the cores/screws, you really don't deviate much when it comes to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.