• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Toad

Opposite color cross

I'm going to try opposite color cross. Can you recommend me some way of training?

I am already sub-15 (with my usual color). How long do you think I will spend until I get my normal times?

Thanks.

hawkmp4

I'm going to try opposite color cross. Can you recommend me some way of training?

I am already sub-15 (with my usual color). How long do you think I will spend until I get my normal times?

Thanks.

Time spent until some milestone is highly dependent on the person.
For opposite cross, solve always with the new colour until you're comfortable with it. Then flip a coin to choose which cross till you can switch between colours comfortably. Then pick the best cross.

Senkoy

What's the best algorithm for rotating/orienting a single center on a 3x3x3 cube or mod?

Senkoy

Those two are great, but is there one that only rotates it one turn? Both of those rotates it twice.

ariasamie

YouTube
Visit Channel
Those two are great, but is there one that only rotates it one turn? Both of those rotates it twice.

nope! that's impossible.
if you need such an algorithm, i think you haven't solved the other centers correctly. re check them.
I have experienced the same thing and asked this same question in this thread before.

well... actually you can rotate it 90 degrees, by doing (U-perm)3 but that way except that center, the F center also rotates 90 degrees but you can't see it because it doesn't have a logo on it!

Senkoy

http://www.alchemistmatt.com/cube/rubikcenter.html
Click on figure 1, then it shows you the moves, his notation is confusing....

I think if you only need to rotate by 90°, then there must be another center that must be rotated by 90°...

I'm experimenting with that right now actually. Trying to see if it's ever necessary to rotate it only 90 degrees. If not then that makes things a lot simpler. :) I'm going to keep solving my Axis cube and see if it ever comes up. If not then i'm set.

Update: Looking at the textures on my mirror blocks there are 4 pieces that need to be rotated in 90 degrees, so an algorithm that does that really is necessary. I'm looking over that page right now. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Parity

Is there a video for modding a chinaminx?
To make it lock less?
I bought it wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.