• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

comady25

Easiest way of Speedcubing

I was wondering if you could tell me the easiest, fast way you know.

I am willing to spend 1 to 4 weeks learning algorithms. Thanks for your help.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I finally feel completely comfortable with all my OLLs and PLLs.
Is there anything I should start learning now to help me improve my times?

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If god's number is proven to be 20, do they still use 25 moves to scramble in the competitions or 20?

In competition for 3x3 they have a computer choose a random position, then find a scramble that will get to that random position. It's usually around 18 or so moves.

http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/#scrambling

every official 3x3 i have scramble has had a 21 move scramble...

are there any good simulators for massive cubes (above 20x20) where i can save my progress, close down, then reopen it where i left off? preferably a downloadable program.

i have a program at the moment that goes up to 64x64 but the controls arent the greatest and it freezes a lot.

smook

how to solve cube faster

I am a beginner cuber and my new best time is 1:52 and I bought the cube 6 days ago. I use the layer by layer method tutorial by dan brown on youtube. I was wondering if there is a method that would make my cubing faster with not having to remember many algirithms?

hawkmp4

I don't believe there is a requirement to use the optimal solver in CE. The two phase solver doesn't necessarily give the optimal solution, so that may be why ben has only seen 21 move scrambles.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am a beginner cuber and my new best time is 1:52 and I bought the cube 6 days ago. I use the layer by layer method tutorial by dan brown on youtube. I was wondering if there is a method that would make my cubing faster with not having to remember many algirithms?

Use LBL until you're about a minute.
The popular method is Fridrich. The Cross and F2L part are intuitive, but are essential to master. The next step is 2 Look OLL which has 7 algorithms. Then it's 2 look PLL which has another 7.
After that, you want to learn full (21 algs) PLL.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What forum do I post in for a meetup in my state (Indiana)? I noticed a handful of them are in the official wca competitions thread but I feel like that's inappropriate.

Edit: What is the difference in CCT between Megaminx and Pochmann Megaminx for the customization?

Last edited:

Anonymous

Is it possible to construct commutators for all Rubik's-esque puzzles? For instance, the Skewb, or the Square-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.