• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Imean , once we have all the algs, that could be after E.G. For top 2x2 solvers
Considering it's would only be marginally more efficient than EG and there are an order of magnitude more algs (putting it in the ballpark of 1LLL), I highly doubt it would even be faster than what 2x2 solvers do nowadays.

If someone wants to learn it, then they can do what jabari does with 1LLL and gen as they go

Grr Parity

Considering it's would only be marginally more efficient than EG and there are an order of magnitude more algs (putting it in the ballpark of 1LLL), I highly doubt it would even be faster than what 2x2 solvers do nowadays.

If someone wants to learn it, then they can do what jabari does with 1LLL and gen as they go
yeah maybe TEG isn't worth it

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
TEG is an interesting one. When you're sub 3, it's probably not worth it, but when you're sub 1.8 it possibly is. If you're going to optimise 2x2 to the level of a very good human you'd learn CLL>EG-1>EG-2>LEG>TCLL>TEG-2>L5C. At this point there are 829 algorithms. TEG-1 is another 344 algs. Possible but hard and it would make you very good at 2x2. You could learn the sets in another order, but I think that this way is the most worthwhile. I guess you can learn it before L5C, but imo L5C is more worthwhile.

aerocube

TEG is an interesting one. When you're sub 3, it's probably not worth it, but when you're sub 1.8 it possibly is. If you're going to optimise 2x2 to the level of a very good human you'd learn CLL>EG-1>EG-2>LEG>TCLL>TEG-2>L5C. At this point there are 829 algorithms. TEG-1 is another 344 algs. Possible but hard and it would make you very good at 2x2. You could learn the sets in another order, but I think that this way is the most worthwhile. I guess you can learn it before L5C, but imo L5C is more worthwhile.
isn't this the future of 2x2 WRs anyway
once you can one look and see a lot of solutions in inspection,the next thing you're gonna have to do is learn more and more algs
imo 2x2 is gonna become more and more algorithmic the lower WRs go as EG must have a limit

Grr Parity

isn't this the future of 2x2 WRs anyway
once you can one look and see a lot of solutions in inspection,the next thing you're gonna have to do is learn more and more algs
imo 2x2 is gonna become more and more algorithmic the lower WRs go as EG must have a limit
If EG has a limit it’s probably EG+CLL+L5C+LEG+TCLL+TEG

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
the explode method

get the crube
thwor it in the W A L L
also what's thwor?
Wait it's for megaminx...
T Cross (2 edges)
H Cross (3 edges)
W Cross (4 edges)
O Cross (All edges in the cross)
Repeat 5 edges at a time and forget corners... nobody needs them

or maybe it's
Throw your megaminx at the wall
Help Feliks regain his self-confidence in megaminx so he can go to worlds
WR from Feliks
Oh the agony
Reduction to F2L over and over again :(

pascal france

Hello,
I am french, excuse my english :confused: :?

I have been a fan of Rubik's Cube for quite some time.
Not being a champion, I tried to develop an original method simpler than CFOP Fridrich but still performing !
I would like to make it known on your continent and the English-speaking countries.
I give you the link of my site, it would be nice to give me your opinion and to know my technique.

https://pascal3x3x3.pagesperso-orange.fr/index10.html
https://pascal3x3x3.pagesperso-orange.fr/index13.html

My method is very simple, based on CFOP, with a ZZ or Petrus edge orientation phase at the same time as the F2L (no waste of time)
She is :
at 3/4 intuitive !
effortlessly allows resolution in less than 30 seconds, and in 20 seconds or less, for those who have excellent vision of the cube and perfect gestures !
very few algorithms to know, only 13 !
total resolution in about fifty movements !

Thank you Best regards
Pascal
from France

Grr Parity

Hello,
I am french, excuse my english :confused: :?

I have been a fan of Rubik's Cube for quite some time.
Not being a champion, I tried to develop an original method simpler than CFOP Fridrich but still performing !
I would like to make it known on your continent and the English-speaking countries.
I give you the link of my site, it would be nice to give me your opinion and to know my technique.

https://pascal3x3x3.pagesperso-orange.fr/index10.html
https://pascal3x3x3.pagesperso-orange.fr/index13.html

My method is very simple, based on CFOP, with a ZZ or Petrus edge orientation phase at the same time as the F2L (no waste of time)
She is :
at 3/4 intuitive !
effortlessly allows resolution in less than 30 seconds, and in 20 seconds or less, for those who have excellent vision of the cube and perfect gestures !
very few algorithms to know, only 13 !
total resolution in about fifty movements !

Thank you Best regards
Pascal
from France
That sounds great! However there should be two more algorithms to orient the corners (summits)

pascal france

That sounds great! However there should be two more algorithms to orient the corners (summits)

Hello,
No no ... at the end of the intuitive phase, that is to say after doing the cross + all the F2L, we end up with the yellow cross oriented and placed following 2 diagrams.
And to finish it just has to steer the Summits in 5 algorithms (instead of 57 OLL normally) and put everything in 8 PLL (instead of 21 normally)