• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just wondering... which section would you post on if you're having trouble with a cube that keeps popping that shouldn't? I would like to know because my Gan X keeps having random corners pop off of the stems and won't stay permanently, and the different sections aren't all that clear on what you should do with problems with the actual cube. Just need to know where to post.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just wondering... which section would you post on if you're having trouble with a cube that keeps popping that shouldn't? I would like to know because my Gan X keeps having random corners pop off of the stems and won't stay permanently, and the different sections aren't all that clear on what you should do with problems with the actual cube. Just need to know where to post.

You could try either of these threads:
Is my cube / puzzle a dud?
Disassembly and Assembly Thread

qman710

How does the redi cube notation work in the weekly competition here? I saw mention of rubikskewb notation but I can't seem to find anything on it.

xyzzy

How does the redi cube notation work in the weekly competition here? I saw mention of rubikskewb notation but I can't seem to find anything on it.
http://rubikskewb.web.fc2.com/skewb/notation.html

Uppercase for the top-layer corners, lowercase for the bottom-layer corners. Hold the cube with white on top, green on the front-left, red on the front-right (same as for skewb).

AbeLogan

This may seem stupid, but I saw a photo on Amazon that made me wonder: can you turn the middle horizontal or middle vertical layers of a 3x3 void cube? I use an old method for solving a 3x3 (I'm really slow) and it has algorithms that involve turning the middle vertical slice towards and away from you a lot. So, I was wondering if I'd need to learn a new method if I bought a void cube.

Also, can anyone post a link to a solution to the 2x2 (or is it 1x1 lol) "edges only" hollow cube?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hazel

Premium Member
This may seem stupid, but I saw a photo on Amazon that made me wonder: can you turn the middle horizontal or middle vertical layers of a 3x3 void cube? I use an old method for solving a 3x3 (I'm really slow) and it has algorithms that involve turning the middle vertical slice towards and away from you a lot. So, I was wondering if I'd need to learn a new method if I bought a void cube.

Also, can anyone post a link to a solution to the 2x2 (or is it 1x1 lol) "edges only" hollow cube?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You can turn the slices! Here's a thread discussing parity algs to swap just two adjacent edges: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/void-parity-resolution-algs.6188/

As for an "edges only" cube do you mean a 3x3 without corners or centers? If so, you can solve it just like a regular 3x3, except 50% of solves will have parity (two edge swap)

AbeLogan

You can turn the slices! Here's a thread discussing parity algs to swap just two adjacent edges: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/void-parity-resolution-algs.6188/

As for an "edges only" cube do you mean a 3x3 without corners or centers? If so, you can solve it just like a regular 3x3, except 50% of solves will have parity (two edge swap)

Here is a link to the cube I mean.

QTMY Plastic Irregular Speed Magic Cube Puzzle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MAV1YM8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8jssDbRC7G2VJ

daniel zusman

can you translate these two algs for me?
I don't understand commutators notation at all...

1) [U' : R' F' R, S] M2

2) M2 [U' : S, R' F' R]

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
can you translate these two algs for me?
I don't understand commutators notation at all...

1) [U' : R' F' R, S] M2

2) M2 [U' : S, R' F' R]

1) U' R' F' R S R' F R S' U M2
2) M2 U' S R' F' R S' R' F R U

So,
[A, B]= A B A' B'
For example: [R, U]= R U R' U'
[R U R', D']= R U R' D' R U' R' D
[A : B, C]= A (B C B' C') A'
For example: [F : R U2 R', D']= F (R U2 R' D' R U2 R' D) F'