• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
the left side version is called Anti-Sune.
Fun fact: It's actually also just called "Sune" if you go by Lars Petrus's website. Lars doesn't distinguish between mirrors of algs for the most part. Antisune would refer to the inverse of the Sune alg, so R U2 R' U' R U' R' or L' U2 L U L' U L would both be Antisunes.

(Then you get into an additional complication with naming the OLL cases with three misoriented corners, as opposed to naming the algs used to solve them… The case with three corners to be twisted cw is usually called "Sune" and the one with three corners to be twisted ccw is usually called "Antisune". You could, of course, also just be lazy and group them all under "sunes", which is what I do sometimes.)

Hello, i've been cubing for around a year and half but recently got back into it about 2 months ago. I average around 25 seconds on 3x3 and around low 5s on 2x2. Im starting to take 2x2 more seriously learning CLL. Since I am starting to take 2x2 more seriously should I get a stackmat to practice pickups and drops.

Hello, i've been cubing for around a year and half but recently got back into it about 2 months ago. I average around 25 seconds on 3x3 and around low 5s on 2x2. Im starting to take 2x2 more seriously learning CLL. Since I am starting to take 2x2 more seriously should I get a stackmat to practice pickups and drops.
It's not necessary but most definitely helps. If you have a competition coming up soon or just have the money, I would definitely recommend it.

Pickups can really make a large difference in your solving times, so don't be worried if your times go up by as much as .5 or so seconds.

Where are you learning in your CLL algs from? Make sure they are good ones!

Have fun with 2x2!

It's not necessary but most definitely helps. If you have a competition coming up soon or just have the money, I would definitely recommend it.

Pickups can really make a large difference in your solving times, so don't be worried if your times go up by as much as .5 or so seconds.

Where are you learning in your CLL algs from? Make sure they are good ones!

Have fun with 2x2!
Hey thanks for the quick advice. And I am using Luigi Soriano's algs from his spreadsheet. They are great and has basically every alg set needed for 2x2

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
DGCubes
What is difference between averages and means? Can you explain?
I need to know about the difference between both.
A mean is just an arithmetic mean; you add up all the times and divide by the amount. (So for a mean of 3, you add up all three times and divide by 3.)
In an average, the best and worst solves are dropped and the mean of the remaining solves is calculated. For an average of 5, you add up the three middle times and divide by 3. For bigger averages, the top 5% and the bottom 5% are dropped, so in an average of 100, you take the mean of the middle 90 times.