• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jdh3000

In F2L of CFOP, when you have a pair inserted, but you pull it out to pair up and insert another pair, then quickly reinsert it. Sometimes the reinsertion can come before the other insertion of the second pair.

I'm searching for a tutorial on this and didn't know what it was called. I don't know if anyone has a tutorial specifically on it, but anything that goes in it pretty deep.

I've been experimenting with it and just want to see some variation on it.

If anyone knows of a tutorial I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, something like this case? As far as I know, that style of F2L alg case where you take out a solved pair to solve another doesn't have any specific name, it just comes up whenever. In general, solving F2L without taking out whole pairs is more intuitive, so cases where you do take out full pairs are typically optimized or genned algs.

jdh3000

So, something like this case? As far as I know, that style of F2L alg case where you take out a solved pair to solve another doesn't have any specific name, it just comes up whenever. In general, solving F2L without taking out whole pairs is more intuitive, so cases where you do take out full pairs are typically optimized or genned algs.

Yes, I've got a couple that work well that completely reinsert the f2l pair simultaneously. I've seen Brody the cuber and jperm do an example but nothing extensive.

I was was wanting to see what all was available.

Thank you!

Nappster

Hi Guys,

I have been cubing now for a couple of weeks and I am loving it!

I have got my beginners method down! I have a PB of 1:04 and average around 1:20-1:30. But now I want to be even faster!!

I thought the best thing to do would be to learn F2L but im really struggling to get my head around it.

Is this the best way to go or is there another style I should be learning first.

Thanks.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, you could try learning intuitive F2L (by yourself) but if you get really stuck, just look up F2L algs, and slowly memorise them all. There are 42 of them, but most tend to be short, you have a while, and if you understand it, you won’t need to memorise. Improving cross speed and LL recognition and execution will also help. Plus, don’t forget to look into other methods other than the one you are going with! That is called CFOP - Cross, F2L, OLL, PLL. Roux, ZZ and Petrus are alternatives, and there are many more :)

Nappster

Well, you could try learning intuitive F2L (by yourself) but if you get really stuck, just look up F2L algs, and slowly memorise them all. There are 42 of them, but most tend to be short, you have a while, and if you understand it, you won’t need to memorise. Improving cross speed and LL recognition and execution will also help. Plus, don’t forget to look into other methods other than the one you are going with! That is called CFOP - Cross, F2L, OLL, PLL. Roux, ZZ and Petrus are alternatives, and there are many more :)
Thanks for the reply, I will look into these. At the moment I feel like im at a crossroads where I am okay at 1 thing but to get good at another I need to take a step ina a direction! I'm just not sure what direction that step wants to be in.

Llewelys

fruruf magic
1: (U2) F R U R' U' F' R' U' R
2: (U') R' U' F' U F R U' R' U' R
Wow I really like R' U' F' U F R U' R' U' R. Not only it is efficient, it is also very good for look ahead: a lot of the U layer pieces are preserved (do the inverse of the alg on a solved cube)

For the 1st one may I suggest (U) R' U' R' U' F' U F R2?
You can start from home grip and do a tiny regrip for the second R' while doing the first U' with your left hand.
Even if it makes a cross piece come on the U layer it's still good for look ahead as most of the U layer is preserved (not as many pieces as R' U' F' U F R U' R' U' R, but still)

Llewelys

I'm double posting instead of editing my previous post as to draw attention to this alg I found (that I'm sure a lot of people have found before me).
Here's some more fruruf magic.
It solves @MarkA64's second case but for BL slot.
Try F (R U R' U') F' (L U L').

Llewelys

At this stage practice is your best option: just do solves again and again. You just need to get used to new patterns

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Hi Guys,

I have been cubing now for a couple of weeks and I am loving it!

I have got my beginners method down! I have a PB of 1:04 and average around 1:20-1:30. But now I want to be even faster!!

I thought the best thing to do would be to learn F2L but im really struggling to get my head around it.

Is this the best way to go or is there another style I should be learning first.

Thanks.

This is a little late of a reply, but DO NOT do what PetrusQuber said. Look up a tutorial for intuitive F2L, then try to learn it. It may seem weird at first, but eventually it will click in your brain and you'll get it. Absolutely do not learn algorithms for F2L(to start, eventually you can learn some for special cases, but that's later), it is one of the worst things you could do in your cubing career.

I do, however, agree with PetrusQuber about looking into different options for methods, but if you do decide to go for F2L, please don't learn it algorithmically. I cannot overstate how bad of a decision it would be