• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Iwannaganx

I'm learning F2L at the moment and my times are very inconsistent, ranging from 50 seconds to 30 seconds. A few questions:
Should I keep practicing with only F2L or practice LBL as well?
I've only done 5 solves but those times were very inconsistent based on how easy the pairs were. Is this a problem?
I average 45 sec so F2L isn't really changing my times except to make them very inconsistent. This is most likely because I haven't been doing F2l for long but still this seems a problem as well.
Also any videos on intuitive F2L will be appreciated, albeit the jperm one.

Electrical

Whenever you learn new cubing techniques theymake you slower at first becuase you haven't practiced them enough, however if you practice F2L more and get used to it, your times will improve.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have not been practicing Fridrich F2L more than a few weeks.

I wrote these personal notes for helping myself out getting better.
if you have any thoughts feel free to post them.

my biggest problem is to spot the two pieces (looking ahead). putting them together is really intuitiv when you get the hang of it. the challenge here is to know the fastest way to do it. pairing up can be done in many ways. some ways can just be done in less moves than others.

I found that once you can cathegorize the sitations in your head it becomes easy to "find" the solution to it.

I cathegorize as follows:

1. pieces already next to each other
2. seperate pieces

pairs can either already be solved correctly or you have to take them apart and bring them back together correctly.

seperate pieces "just" have to be put together corectly.

when you work the pieces around the top layer remember to use an unsolved slot.

most of the time you have to bring one of the two pieces into the f2l keeping one piece in the top layer. from there you can position it so when the other piece is taken back they are in either a pair or a potenstional set.

moves from here is found in the very basic solution.

also, please correct me if you find errors :)

-Sigurd

look up f2l algorithms to find the most efficient way to solve each case

RNKnight

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use CFOP with 2LLL. I used to be sub-90 when I used LBL, Now I'm sub-60. And, I spend too much time on F2L, like, 30 seconds. How do I improve? And I'm also reluctant to learn 1LLL because I really can't remember that many algs.

GAN 356 X

I currently know f2l, and I am thinking of learning the advanced cases from jperm's pdf. I tend to agree with what Lazermonkey said as trying to work it out by yourself can be challenging, and learning the optimal execution is extremely helpful if you have trouble. Stealing from another thread, someone stated that at first they will seem to be algorithm based then when you do them more they will seem intuitive and make sense. Continue learning, its worth it in the long run