• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Zerksies

Does anyone have either a blank OLL/PLL sheet without algorithms or a file that we could write our own in. Seems like everyone uses there own

Thom S.

Does anyone have either a blank OLL/PLL sheet without algorithms or a file that we could write our own in. Seems like everyone uses there own

If it's a PDF you could ask the Maker of it, if he could give you the original File. If it's a Picture, use the Image Editing Software of your liking and edit it(Crediting the original Author should be done either way)

dnguyen2204

In an official WCA competition, are you allowed to help your BLD memo by saying stuff out loud? I would think not, as it would be distracting to other competitors, but it would be nice to know for sure.

greentgoatgal

Y'all are probably tired of seeing this video lol. I apologize in advance ;)

anyway, what is my turning style?

Viktor Kalmar

WCA
2011KALM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,
I´m Viktor and one of the fastest speedcubers in Austria, long time no see...
anyway I just started practising for the Revers-Solving Event for the RedBull tournament...
and my question now is: does anyone know a good methode for solution and/or eye orientation? (i hope you know what i mean)

kind regards to all new and old cubers!
Viktor

Sue Doenim

Hey guys,
I´m Viktor and one of the fastest speedcubers in Austria, long time no see...
anyway I just started practising for the Revers-Solving Event for the RedBull tournament...
and my question now is: does anyone know a good methode for solution and/or eye orientation? (i hope you know what i mean)

kind regards to all new and old cubers!
Viktor
What I do is use one hand to solve my cube into the scramble like I would OH, and use my other hand to hold up the scrambled cube to look at it.

Plumber Steve

Total noob here. My best 3x3x3 is 1:15 so I've got that going for me...

Is my 4x4x4 broken?

Attachments

• IMG_5957.jpg
    IMG_5957.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 7

Plumber Steve

No, but it is unsolvable in that state. You need to twist the corner manually, by taking the cube apart. (On some cubes you can physically twist the corner, but I don't think that's possible on a Rubik's 4x4.)
thanks...i was afraid of that. no idea how that even happened.

Owen Romaine

I have a photocopy of an old document that contains some relatively modern notation and it got me wondering; Do we have solid evidence of the first documented modern 3x3x3 notation we use today? (R U R2 L D' b F) etc.

David Singmaster is credited with inventing normal notation (considering it's called Singmaster notation), so he'd probably have the oldest evidence of it.