• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hazel

Premium Member
My traxxas 50k I bought from the cubicle is not working well. It takes a lot of effort to push down, and when I finally get it a lot comes out. Another problem is that it’s incredibly messy. My hands get covered in lube every time I use it. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first problem often happens with lube, due to it just getting stuck after sitting a while. To fix this, I usually put the first squirt onto a paper tower (which I then throw out), and then it'll flow easier so I can apply it to the cube without over-lubing it.
As for it covering your hands, I'm not quite sure. The bottle might have broken so lube is leaking, or maybe you aren't being as careful as you think you are? More info would be useful to say for sure.

GAN 356 X

Something I've notices the using lubes in a syringe is that when you take off the dispenser and replace it with the black blocker screw on thing (idk what its called), there is still lube in the dispenser. I find trying to get it our of the dispenser helps

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I properly lubed the centerpieces today, put some under the spring, on the underside of the screwhead, in the centerpiece hole, etc, and when I had finished, I turned the cube. It was so slow. It felt like I’d set the tensions to the tightest possible. I panicked and tried to do a T Perm. It took me a while, then the cube loosened up, and now I’m glad I did it. It’s sooooo smooth and quiet now, and luckily, the slow feeling is gone. I guess the lube needed to be broken in a bit.

xcross

I heard somewhere that the Loud Lubes from CubingOutLoud are just repackaged lubes. Is this statement truthful? If so, what lubes are they?

WCA
2018BRUM01
oh ok. Ill assume they are and just order cosmic lubes instead of loud lubes
Loud lubes are not just cosmic lubes. I am 95% sure they are unique, and even if they are repackaged cosmic lubes, they are actually cheaper than cosmic lubes. I am planning to make a YouTube video about them, and all the other lubes I have.

Waffleman101

So I need help deciding DNM-37 or XTM lube from the cubicle. I can't get both, so I need to choose 1 or the other. I heard that DNM-37 makes it fast, while XTM makes it smoother, so if you get both, you get a fast and smooth cube, but I can only choose 1. So which one?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
can someone remind me what XTM is? i feel like it's something i should already know

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
My Valk 4 and Xman Shadow are feeling very sluggish. Should I lube the cores of the with lubicle black? I thought I heard that lubicle black doesn't work on even layered puzzles? Is this true? Or should I put some in the cores of those cubes?

Waffleman101

So I found out that cubicle labs silk still exists. Yay. So now I need help choosing between DNM-37 and Cubicle Labs Silk.

xcross

What are you looking to do with the DNM or Silk? Do you own a heavy lube like weight 5 or 6? If so, get a DNM. It helps even out the cube with smoothness and speed. If you don’t own and heavy lubes, the silk is okay.