• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GAN 356 X

Weight 5 is more useful, as it can be used for lubing the core, pieces, and everything else in between. DNM on the other hand is good for speeding any cube up, which can be very handy. Because fo this, I recommend silk as it is a good middle ground of speed and smoothness. It can also be used on the core

Thats what these forums are for!

Last edited by a moderator:

Uli909

Hey guys please help me :) I will soon get a weilong WR and some traxxas 50k lube, but I've never lubed a cube before. Whats the best way of doing it, should I lube each piece individually or should I just pull the layers apart and put one or two drops in there?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just drop some lube in maybe two spots and work it in. You’ll overlube if you do method 1. You can add more lube, but can’t get rid off lube effectively. So a drop at a time.
By the way you can lube the centre pieces too, just look on YouTube for some lubing tutorials.

fortissim2

WCA
2016LAUI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm having trouble deciding what lubes I should use in my TengYun, since so far Maru and some other lubes last like 2 seconds before turning into a powder that I clean shortly after. Somebody in Discord suggested to use Compound V, but I don't have it. What other choices are good?

GAN 356 X

I'm having trouble deciding what lubes I should use in my TengYun, since so far Maru and some other lubes last like 2 seconds before turning into a powder that I clean shortly after. Somebody in Discord suggested to use Compound V, but I don't have it. What other choices are good?
Silk is pretty good n just about everything. I would recommend using a combination of silk and compound x to balance out the speed (thats what my friend did to his tengyun)

UPerm

YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys, I need to know whether vicks disolves the plastic like Vaseline does before I use it as lube.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 2

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m not joking, but apparently Lars Petrus used candle wax for lube before he got silicone. Unfortunately it runs out fast, like you need to apply every week or something.
By the way CodingCuber he is trying to not buy from online shops. Have a look at WTB lubes.

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel
So, if you own aYuxin Kylin V2 M then you know it's really dry and stiff out of the box. So, like any other reasonable person, me and my brother decided to lube it with vaseline.

And it turned out great! It felt like a Gans Air SM! It was so amazing!

Have you ever lubed a cube with vaseline? What was it and how'd it turn out?

EDIT: Thanks guys

Last edited: