• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2018BRUM01
So you have to reapply it every 200-300 solves? What about with water based lubes such as compound x?
Yeah most silicone lubes need reapplication every 2-3 hundred solves, and for lubes like Martian and lubicle silk to reapply you just need to put a couple drops in. Water based lubes like dnm can last a long time if there is moisture in the air, but if you live in a desert or dry area it will not work as well, and you are better off using something like lunar, or lubicle speedy

Has anyone used other brand differential oils other than Traxxas? Those with cST values rather than weight
I use Kyosho differential oil because it's cheap to get and readily available where I live. I've got most weights up to 100K but they make heavier ones (up to 500K I think) and are usually sold in 40cc sizes for about ¥600.

Kyosho 50K and Silk are my favorite combination at the moment but I did put 60K in my GTS2 M to slow it down a bit and my Valk Power M liked 30-40K.

I use Kyosho differential oil because it's cheap to get and readily available where I live. I've got most weights up to 100K but they make heavier ones (up to 500K I think) and are usually sold in 40cc sizes for about ¥600.

Kyosho 50K and Silk are my favorite combination at the moment but I did put 60K in my GTS2 M to slow it down a bit and my Valk Power M liked 30-40K.
Sometimes they are in cST viscosity measurements and sometimes in weight, and I struggled to find a conversion chart anywhere, possibly because a direct conversion cannot be done. I use 50,000cST Diff Oil but I am not sure what this is compared to Traxxas.

WCA
2016WYNG01
So you have to reapply it every 200-300 solves? What about with water based lubes such as compound x?
Depends on how you store your cubes, and how much you put in your cube. with lube, especially more viscous ones, less is more. So far my gts with 50k has about 100 solves and its already starting to feel dry and the pieces are looking dry as well.