• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jezzular

When I lube my Yuxin Litte Magics with Traxxas 50k, they become awesome. When I do the same for my GAN XS, it is almost unusable after lubing.
Can it be, that Lube behaves so different on different cubes? Do I need different lubes for each cube?

bossel

Hello there

I think I made a big mistake. I got a MoYo GTS 2M 6 months ago and when I felt it’s not turning anymore as new, I thougth I get myself some lube. Checked some posts and a name that kept returning was Maru. So I ordered some, just arrived. its called Z-Lube.

Dropped in two drops into my cube and directly notice a difference. its much worse now. Turning is much harder. i feel lîke I dropped in some liquid glue - just horrible. Its like a sign to stop cubing (I won’t, no worries :))

Is this a known issue, or did I do something wrong? Shall I take it with me into the shower tomorrow morning and wash it all out? I keep twisting and turning, no improvement...

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Had the same issue with the GTS2M getting slower...
You gotta wash it out really clean. Fill up your sink with water, toss the pieces in (not the core or the centre pieces, and take a towel to each one. Make sure to get all the little areas. For the core/centre pieces, use a damp towel, not too wet. Dry it out afterwards with a dry towel, and should be OK again. No idea if it’s a known issue.

Try Traxxas 30/50K, or the Cubicle Weights. You can look at other Cubicle and Speedcubeshop lubes as well. Make sure it’s silicone though. Water based lubes (like Z Lube) can rust the centre pieces, not good.
Hope this helped!

Edit: CLEAN THE HARDWARE AS WELL. The lube may have got onto the screws and springs, and you don’t want that happening. As before, use damp towel, then dry. Take the screws out by popping the caps and using a screwdriver. Count how many revolutions you made, so you can get it back to the right tensions again. You probably know this, but making sure.

bossel

I am trying to take it apart but it resists. Watched some videos, but I am scared if I pull any harder, I’ll bràe some pieces :(
PS I had disassembled cubes in the past, lîke 35 years ago, but these new speedcubes are so tight...amazing they turn so fast.

bossel

Thanks PC that was it! I have to start in the corner of the center... then I loosened the screw a tiny bit and was able to remove one edge, the rest is cake. Now I need to clean, dru and reassemble...and find a better lube. Or maybe just get a lambda silicons spray in a car shop ...

bossel

Done - now it turns ‘normal’ again. Not as new, but way better than with that horrible Z-Lube. Also loosened the screws a tiny bit on all centers, I actually didn’t know I can do that, I always thought I’d need one of these newer Gan things to adjust the centers.

MarkA64

How long does Cosmic Lube (Lunar, Martian, etc.) from SCS last on average? And how does it compare to Cubicle lubes such as DNM-37, Angstrom, etc.?

G0ingInsqne

WCA
2020XUHU01
I have a GAN 356 XS, and I don't have a core lube for it. I have Angstrom Gravitas, DNM-37, and Silk. Is a cube lube necessary (should I buy some weight V) or is it not necessary? There are no issues with spring noise. Also, how should I go about using these 3 lubes to lube my cube?

Thanks! Sorry if these are stupid questions I'm a beginner.