• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

hkpnkp

hey guys, ive been away from cubing for almost one year. Now im back but i have lost my old cube and im looking to buy a new cube. i want to know which are the popular cubes used by speedcubers as of now. Thanks.

greentgoatgal

hey guys, ive been away from cubing for almost one year. Now im back but i have lost my old cube and im looking to buy a new cube. i want to know which are the popular cubes used by speedcubers as of now. Thanks.
I have the Gan 356s V2 and love it. The Valk 3 seems pretty popular as well.

greentgoatgal

I swear I saw somewhere that rubik's cubes with white touching yellow were made before a certain time, when the color scheme was switched to white across from yellow. Anyone have info on that?

WCA
2017PAOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I swear I saw somewhere that rubik's cubes with white touching yellow were made before a certain time, when the color scheme was switched to white across from yellow. Anyone have info on that?
They switched the blue and yellow sides. The old colour scheme is now known as the Japanese colour scheme.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 3

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you know when they switched the blue and yellow sides?
I'm not sure about this, but it was very early. I still own two original Rubik's cubes that I bought in 1981. Both of them have what is now known as the Japanese color scheme.

I'm pretty sure that by the early nineties they were all the Western color scheme instead.

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
These days I don't improve in anything/break PBs like in any event, especially 2x2 my main event(i average 1.9-2.1 but am not that consistent.). My consistency is really bad and this is very demotivating. What should I do? I already practice a lot.

M

Malkom

These days I don't improve in anything/break PBs like in any event, especially 2x2 my main event(i average 1.9-2.1 but am not that consistent.). My consistency is really bad and this is very demotivating. What should I do? I already practice a lot.
Isn't inconsistency expected when the event is extremely scramble dependent?

Artic

hello everyone,

Has anyone developed, or could anyone develop algorithms for inserting the last F2L pair that also orient and permute the last layer corners?

I've searched but haven't found such an algorithm set. Has it been done before and are there any resources where I could find them?

thanks