• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It’s Petroluem Jelly, which is like diluted nail varnish remover to plastic. Check out the wiki on it.

‘These include lubricants such as vaseline, WD-40, or Liquid Wrench. It is recommended that you do not use these, but if you really want to, use them with caution, as petroleum and petroleum distillates speed the aging of plastic, and may dissolve the plastic resulting in destruction of the pieces and the internal mechanism. Excessive uses of these lubricants often lead to the center mechanism breaking apart completely. Some, however, have reported success using petroleum based lubricants to speed up breaking in of new cubes. It would be best if you have a tight cube (Rubik's brand) to lube it will a petroleum based jelly for about a month. Then take it all a part and cleaning it and use a silicone base lubricant.’

Lordpaxin

I'm going to order the new 3x3 GTS2M WCA Record Edition next week. I'm ordering it from SpeedCubeShop, and I'm not familiar with their lubes. I have Vortex for the core, weight 5 for the feet of the pieces, (from my understanding weight 5 from the cubicle is a lot thicker than from speedcubeshop,) Lunar, and Martian for the pieces in my cart. But I'm completely new to their lubes. Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks

GAN 356 X

What is your go to lube for any cube of any size? I've been watching cube setup tutorials from Jay and Tymon and Cyo and they sue weight 5 as their main lubricant. What do you guys use generally? I normally use weight 5, silk and dnm, depending on the speed of the puzzle and size. Why I am asking is because I am looking to setup my MGC 5x5 soon, and am wondering if I should go with the setup I use on most cubes go with weight 5 all the way. Btw the weight 5 I have is from speedcube.com.au , I don't know if this makes any difference. Would weight 3 work just fine too?

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is your go to lube for any cube of any size? I've been watching cube setup tutorials from Jay and Tymon and Cyo and they sue weight 5 as their main lubricant. What do you guys use generally? I normally use weight 5, silk and dnm, depending on the speed of the puzzle and size. Why I am asking is because I am looking to setup my MGC 5x5 soon, and am wondering if I should go with the setup I use on most cubes go with weight 5 all the way. Btw the weight 5 I have is from speedcube.com.au , I don't know if this makes any difference. Would weight 3 work just fine too?
I use weight 5 on the core and tracks. I break that in and if the cube is to slow I add DNM to taste. To fast, I add compound X.

Mischiiii

I don’t know about weight 5. I’ve used weight 2 and that stuff is already to thick in my opinion. Same as traxxers 10k. In only used a little bit but my puzzles get very gummy and slow. Currently i like Angstrom Dignitas for the tracks and then adding some Martian or compount X. To control speed.

Lordpaxin

What lube should I use in my Gan 356 Air Master 2019 Edition I ordered? I'm new to Gan cubes. I have scs weight 2, traxxas 30k, and controlium.

DLXCubing

My traxxas 50k I bought from the cubicle is not working well. It takes a lot of effort to push down, and when I finally get it a lot comes out. Another problem is that it’s incredibly messy. My hands get covered in lube every time I use it. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk