• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm pretty sure cube rotating and quick 3 move insert is faster than 3 extra moves which include M in both directions

I am struggling alot with F2l cases where corner is on top and the edge is in (correct/ wrong) slot. Can someone link me to any website/ pdf which has algs for solving cases when the corner (all 3 orientations) is in top layer and the edge is in correct/ wrong slot, oriented correctly or flipped from all angles?

Rubuscu

I'm pretty sure cube rotating and quick 3 move insert is faster than 3 extra moves which include M in both directions

Thank you for guiding me. Or else I would have started using this bad algorithm.

However, I am still curious why is this algorithm so bad. I can do this algorithm much faster than cube rotating and then inserting it. Maybe that is because of one of my specific weaknesses.

D

Deleted member 55877

Thank you for guiding me. Or else I would have started using this bad algorithm.

However, I am still curious why is this algorithm so bad. I can do this algorithm much faster than cube rotating and then inserting it. Maybe that is because of one of my specific weaknesses.
Perhaps you need to practice rotating. Rotating is quite fast. The average rotation takes less than 0.2 seconds

D

Deleted member 55877

rotating is used a lot by beginners I think and it's slow but sometimes the alternative is even slower?
rotating isn't bad if you're doing it for a reason. smart rotations are good, rotating without a clue what you're doing is bad

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
is there an easy way to remember the stuck together f2l cases?

I kinda use a hodgepodge of methods
f2l 11: U' R U2 R' U F' U' F (although y' R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R' is probably better)
f2l 12: R' U2' R2 U R2' U R (the special case)
f2l 13: y' and solve with UR
f2l 14: solve UR
f2l 15: I do U sledge alg
f2l 16: R U' R' U2 F' U' F (although I forget this one)
f2l 17: push over with R
f2l 18: y' R' U2 R U R' U' R, although maybe R' F R F' R U' R' U R U' R' is better

JTM007

F2L slow turning to improve look ahead
Hey guys. I average around 17 seconds on 3x3. And have just started to really focus on turning slowly to improve my look ahead so I can turn without pauses and trying to avoid rotations.
If I practice this every day how long do you guys think itll take for me to start shaving my averages down and noticing improvements?
Thanks

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Regarding the turning, how slow is "slowly"?
How efficient are your solutions?
I think it would be best if you upload some solves, so that we can see what areas need improvement.
As for how long it will take for you to shave your averages, it depends on how much you practice. If you're practicing daily then you should be already shaving down your times (unless you're practicing in an inefficient way)

JTM007

Regarding the turning, how slow is "slowly"?
How efficient are your solutions?
I think it would be best if you upload some solves, so that we can see what areas need improvement.
As for how long it will take for you to shave your averages, it depends on how much you practice. If you're practicing daily then you should be already shaving down your times (unless you're practicing in an inefficient way)
Would you be willing to critique my solves if I sent you an average on 5?

IvyCubism

Hi! Okay so let's start

( Abbreviations used in this thread:
AV/(number)s = Average solve,
PB/(number)s = Personal Best solve )

My Cube: GAN 3x3 365M Standard
My Pb: 26.84

My Problems:
1st
: Too many moves to solve F2L
2nd: My Look-Ahead is TERRIBLE plez help me
3th: I need some fast shortcut algorithms for cross and F2L