• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Z

Zubin Park

I'll be completely honest: learning x amount of algs and countless hours of dedication, practice, and hard work... for a sub-2 2x2 solve? I'm not cut out for this lol

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tripod on a 2x2. LOL feel free to scream at me.

3/4 of a layer
tripod piece
without disrupting the tripod piece, solve the rest of the first layer
solve the last layer with 1 or 32(?) algorithms

this wasnt on any list of 2x2 methods i could find lol. I am calling it Tripod-2

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tripod on a 2x2. LOL feel free to scream at me.

3/4 of a layer
tripod piece
without disrupting the tripod piece, solve the rest of the first layer
solve the last layer with 1 or 32(?) algorithms

this wasnt on any list of 2x2 methods i could find lol. I am calling it Tripod-2
This is just basically biggeners because you almost always have atleast 1 oriented corner during first layer, which you could make the tripod peice

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 12.00.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-10-23 at 12.00.52 AM.png
Just like tripod on a 3x3 except it is on a 2x2. And no it isnt a beginners method. What kind of beginners method on a 2x2 would have 32 algs (dont answer this)?

Edit: Example Solve

Scramble:F2 R U2 F' U2 F' R2 F2 R'

U F L // Tripod 1st Layer
y2 R U2 R' // Tripod Piece
U y L F' L' F L F' L' F L F' L' F // rest of first layer
y R U R' U' R' F R F' // T2LL (Tripod 2 Last Layer)
U2 // AUF

Not a good solve but it was somethin. 9.33TPS or more would be a sub-3 solve.

Last edited:

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 13940View attachment 13939
Just like tripod on a 3x3 except it is on a 2x2. And no it isnt a beginners method. What kind of beginners method on a 2x2 would have 32 algs (dont answer this)?

U2 // AUF

Look at my post i said it was bassically the beggeners method/lbl because like i said you normally almost always have one top edge solved and you said you COULD do it with one alg, anyway this is just a worse form of LBL+CLL because it barely has less algs+you have to preserve a corner during first layer

Athefre

View attachment 13940View attachment 13939

U2 // AUF

I think this is a pretty common idea too. But I'm not sure if anyone has focused on developing it. It would be a subset of L5C (or 1LLS as it's called on the wiki for some reason).

Notes for improvement:

+ 1-look is definitely the way to go instead of your two-look example. Meaning one alg after the tripod. If you want this to be good for speedsolving.
+ Versus CLL/EG: A good use for this would likely be when the V shape is already formed after the scramble and it would take several moves to get to CLL.
+ The pseudo applications would be pretty interesting. You can use any corner on the U layer. You don't have to only align the matching one at ULB. You could also do an EG kind of thing and have other alg sets for a non-permuted tripod. This could go in any direction, not only the D layer. There are many other pseudo things, but those are just two examples that would be easy to implement.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
if multislotting is a thing, maybe there is a way to multislot the last two pairs while making EO on top, kinda like VHLS but its two pairs instead, or heck even solving the whole cube like zbll.
What do you guys think of my idea?

MichaelZRC

ZZ that reduces LL to H? This has been thought of many times before and its better off to use TUL if you want to reduce ZBLL during LS.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's a thing-
Heise Belt
1.solve any 223 psuedo but make sure that the pieces are oriented and the bottom pieces are all from that side(white for ex)
2.Petrus EO
3. Finish placing F2L but without it being solved
4.Top layer(might in counter parity) ((just do R2 U2 R2 U2 R2
Solve E slice bottom layer(pll)

Last edited: