• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gyroninja

If you really want a pure LL skip everytime when doing LS, look up CTLS or ask 4chan about it

If people are curious about CTLS you can also ask me. I spent a few weeks a while back researching the technique and creative a recognition system.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I looked up CTLS on youtube, and it's like, all videos about planes.

The videos aren't tagged, it's as if the uploader is embarrassed of them or something.

crafto22

WCA
2014ADAM03
Or use this, which has less Algs and solves more of F2L... Lol
Also, for better recog, you only have to keep track of R U F faces. I think this could seriously work

Yeah, this could actually be a really cool method. Too bad I don't use ZZ, this sounds really good... Maybe I can adapt this to CFOP by using algs that solve EO while creating the pairs?

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
we all have these substeps and everything for fridrich and ZZ and such, but does anyone have any substep Ideas for Roux, for example maybe permuting the last 4 corners and orienting the last 6 edges for example, or orienting the lse and solving the L&R sides in one alg?

wir3sandfir3s

Yeah, this could actually be a really cool method. Too bad I don't use ZZ, this sounds really good... Maybe I can adapt this to CFOP by using algs that solve EO while creating the pairs?
I don't use ZZ often either, so this is definitely worth finding. Orienting during second pair would be too many Algs. I'll find a way to do it, or maybe we can find it together.

we all have these substeps and everything for fridrich and ZZ and such, but does anyone have any substep Ideas for Roux, for example maybe permuting the last 4 corners and orienting the last 6 edges for example, or orienting the lse and solving the L&R sides in one alg?
This is really hard to do with Roux, as it is pretty restricted. Shadowslice has made this work very well, however, with his B2 method. An idea that might be cool is to do CP blocks like in B2, then orienting corners so they are solved completely and solve L and R sides to be left with an easy L4E case.

efattah

wir3sandfir3s

So I have 2 ideas: an idea for a 2LLL with 11 Algs, which doesn't have an extra look like ZZ-R, and an idea for a really fast F2L and LL (both with decent to amazing recognition). So for the 2LLL, it is basically CP blocks meets FreeFOP. I already have ideas for SEVERAL variations for this, as I think it really can work out. So, let's get into it:
1. Solve the 2 DR and DL edge pieces.
2. Solve either the BR or BL pair.
3. Disorient either the FR or FL edge (FR if your did BL, vice versa) using the M slice (it's most efficient), then create the pair.
4. Place in the DF edge on the F face, ready to be inserted with and F move.
5. Align the pair with the edge to create a 1x2x2 square and insert with an F move.
Now solve the rest of F2L -1 using R and U moves, and M to orient edges (it doesn't effect corners). This will leave you with 7 corner OLL cases after you insert the last F2L edge, and 1/4 EPLLs. For the OLL, be sure to only use 2-gen.
You can also orient all the edges when inserting the pair to solve CP, similar to the CP+EO variant in my Hawaiian Kociemba tutorial.
My fast LL and F2L method uses my L2S technique I recently posted here. Basically, do the above method and stop after step 5. You should have 2 slots to complete. Insert the last D edge while orient the rest of the edges. You should basically be in a Petrus state with CP. Now do L2S. You should only have to do a 2-gen corner OLL case then a 2-gen EPLL.

gyroninja

Can anyone think of a good way to solve the {R2, L2, F2, B2, U, D} group other than orient corners, permute corners, Last Eight Edges?

I can't find a system which seems nicer.

Do we need to stick with those restricted moves or is it just a starting position?

WCA
2012BRAS01
Can anyone think of a good way to solve the {R2, L2, F2, B2, U, D} group other than orient corners, permute corners, Last Eight Edges?

I can't find a system which seems nicer.

Here's my attempt:

Step 1: Roux blocks
Step 2: CP
Step 3: LSE with EO

Example Solve:

Scramble: U2 L2 U2 L2 D B2 U' L2 U' F2 U'

FB: x2 L2 U2 F2 D2
SB: R2 U R2 U R2 U' R2 U2 R2
CP: U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R'
LSE: M' U2 M U2 M2 U M2 U'

gyroninja

Here's my attempt:

Step 1: Roux blocks
Step 2: CP
Step 3: LSE with EO

Example Solve:

CP: U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R'
LSE: M' U2 M U2 M2 U M2 U'
What if we just ended with PLL? I know you don't want to do this in normal roux but since we already have co and eo we could do.

F2L: M' U2 M U M U2 M'
PLL: U' l' U R' D2 R U' R' D R2 B'

crafto22

WCA
2014ADAM03
So I have 2 ideas: an idea for a 2LLL with 11 Algs, which doesn't have an extra look like ZZ-R, and an idea for a really fast F2L and LL (both with decent to amazing recognition). So for the 2LLL, it is basically CP blocks meets FreeFOP. I already have ideas for SEVERAL variations for this, as I think it really can work out. So, let's get into it:
1. Solve the 2 DR and DL edge pieces.
2. Solve either the BR or BL pair.
3. Disorient either the FR or FL edge (FR if your did BL, vice versa) using the M slice (it's most efficient), then create the pair.
4. Place in the DF edge on the F face, ready to be inserted with and F move.
5. Align the pair with the edge to create a 1x2x2 square and insert with an F move.
Now solve the rest of F2L -1 using R and U moves, and M to orient edges (it doesn't effect corners). This will leave you with 7 corner OLL cases after you insert the last F2L edge, and 1/4 EPLLs. For the OLL, be sure to only use 2-gen.
You can also orient all the edges when inserting the pair to solve CP, similar to the CP+EO variant in my Hawaiian Kociemba tutorial.
My fast LL and F2L method uses my L2S technique I recently posted here. Basically, do the above method and stop after step 5. You should have 2 slots to complete. Insert the last D edge while orient the rest of the edges. You should basically be in a Petrus state with CP. Now do L2S. You should only have to do a 2-gen corner OLL case then a 2-gen EPLL.

Wait, what? So you solve the DR and DL edges, then solve either the BR or the BL pair, then misorient the FL or FR edge and then you build a pair... What pair? The FR/FL pair? And when do you solve CP?

wir3sandfir3s

Wait, what? So you solve the DR and DL edges, then solve either the BR or the BL pair, then misorient the FL or FR edge and then you build a pair... What pair? The FR/FL pair? And when do you solve CP?

Sorry, I screwed up in the first idea, I'll fix that later. Just focus on the second for now, it might be good.
EDIT: Screwed up on both, actually.

wir3sandfir3s

Alright so I am going to try to fix my recently posted ideas and present a new one, as well as trying to be more organized. They all involve CP so I recommend reading Noah's CP Blocks 2.0 (at least the CP part) before reading this.
FreeFOP Meets CP Blocks
This method has a 2LLL with a grand total of 11 algorithms, as well as a fast 2-gen (mostly) F2L.
1. Solve 2 adjacent D edge pieces. I find it easiest to do the front and left ones.
2. Solve the 2 (left) pairs. Since I solved the front and left D edges, I would do the left pairs.
3. CP. Basically the same as you would do it in Noah's CP Blocks 2.0.
4. Finish F2L-1 edge using only 2-gen and M slice for EO.
5. Orient edges as you would normally do for FreeFOP while inserting the last D edge.
6. Finish LL with either a 2-gen corner OLL or a corner OLL that doesn't affect corner permutation. Then do an EPLL and your done.

Fast and Easy F2L and LL
1. Solve a 2x2x3 block and leave exactly 2 edges disoriented.
2. Solve CP like Noah's CP Blocks 2.0, and while doing the F' U F algorithm, orient the disoriented edges. I can explain into further detail if needed.
3. Solve the last D edge and use my L2S technique to finish F2L and LL. The PLL pair insertion will have reduced Algs thanks to CP.

Easy Everything
This is my favorite because it has a 77 alg 1LLL, which is 1 less alg than OLL and PLL (lol). It also is (hypothetically) pretty move efficient.
1. Solve the left Roux block. EZ
2. Solve CP as you would in Noah's CP Blocks 2.0.
3. Solve right Roux Block.
4. Solve EO and the rest of F2L. You can do this as you normally do in Roux, but my favorite way to do this is to solve FD, then orient the remaining edges and insert the last F2L edge as you would in FreeFOP.
5. 1LLL.
I tried genning the Algs, and I genned about 250k to be reduced so I for sure get 77, but I got 35 because Cube Explorer decided to think that a solved cube is unsolved and genned Algs for that... (Which made up 70-90% of the Algs)
So if someone else can gen these Algs, that would be awesome :D. Edges are oriented and corners are permuted, 11 EPLLs (1 H perm, 2 Z perm, 8 U perm) multiplied by 7 corner orientations = 77.

Last edited: