• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubeRed

a red-green-white corner piece of your first cube
So its cross, belt, Bottom layer corners, Top layer OLL, Insert Corners (can be done quick with two different algs, one always inserts just one corner while the other one can insert 2 if lucky, and then PLL. Can anyone tell me what they average with CFOP and with this method so see if i want to improve it. Algorithms are R U R' U' X3 and R2 U R2 U' R2
So you do top OLL befire you do corners?
Kind of like Roux but with corners, I guess. I don't know how the last alg works. It relocates the belt and the cross edges.

OreKehStrah

Ok so I made two methods in 2019, Snow i revealed and honestly didn't think it was that bad, this one I don't think will ever be good, and later was improved by mehta method but doing it like this i dont think will ever be made fast. I called it TEG, idk why. So its cross, belt, Bottom layer corners, Top layer OLL, Insert Corners (can be done quick with two different algs, one always inserts just one corner while the other one can insert 2 if lucky, and then PLL. Can anyone tell me what they average with CFOP and with this method so see if i want to improve it. Algorithms are R U R' U' X3 and R2 U R2 U' R2
Just do Ribbon instead

MJbaka

Eo-Line (6 Moves)
Left 123+CO (19 Moves)
Solve FR and BR edges (4 Moves)
6CP (12 Moves)
L5E (8 Moves)
Final Movecount is averaging 43 moves. Should note that after CO, only R2, U, and U are usable for intuitive steps (FR and BR). What do you guys think?
I actually just realized that after calculating every possibility, solving FR and BR have an average movecount of 2.3333... bringing the movecount down to 41.3. Almost a sub-40 movecount method viable for Speedsolving!

Last edited:

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Eo-Line (6 Moves)
Left 123+CO (19 Moves)
6CP (12 Moves)
L5E (8 Moves)
Final Movecount is averaging 43 moves. Should note that after CO, only R2, U, and U are usable for intuitive steps (FR and BR). What do you guys think?
I actually just realized that after calculating every possibility, solving FR and BR have an average movecount of 2.3333... bringing the movecount down to 41.3. Almost a sub-40 movecount method viable for Speedsolving!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW where the algs? I want to learn. Also I suck at EO

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Eo-Line (6 Moves)
Left 123+CO (19 Moves)
6CP (12 Moves)
L5E (8 Moves)
How is the movecount for FR and BR only 2.3? CO is already done, so won’t that make the algs much longer?

MJbaka

How is the movecount for FR and BR only 2.3? CO is already done, so won’t that make the algs much longer?
Oh wait I realize now that is correct. I thought you could put one in the UR, and one in the DR, then fix it with a R or R' but I realize that would break CO, since you can only do R2, U, and U'. I will think about a better approach, because doing L7E would be way to many algs, (2520). Perhaps if you solved only the DR edge, then do L6E for the last step (360 algorithms), and then it would reduce that step to either a one or two move case. Bringing the movecount down to like 40.5 moves! However you would still have a Parity if your DR edge was in FR or BR
Edit: Also I can't gen algs so someone else would have to do it

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
This probably already exists but I think I found a new petrus variant that lowers the movecount and higher the algcount by ALOT.

Petrus 222 and 223 like normal
EO like normal
Instead of doing F2L, just solve a square and get to F2L-1
Like My World Method, do one of 3044 algs to solve Last Slot + Last Layer at same time. Less algs than 1LLL.

Mathsoccer

This probably already exists but I think I found a new petrus variant that lowers the movecount and higher the algcount by ALOT.

Petrus 222 and 223 like normal
EO like normal
Instead of doing F2L, just solve a square and get to F2L-1
Like My World Method, do one of 3044 algs to solve Last Slot + Last Layer at same time. Less algs than 1LLL.
I guess that's fine in theory, but nobody is going to learn 3044 algs.

Ok So FreeFOP is kinda like CFOP plus some roux elements and if im not mistaken which i probably am HK drops the roux elements for a long list of algorithms so i kinda did a similar thing with CFOP and mehta elements replacing ribbon algs and i want to know if it has any potential,
Steps:
Cross
3 F2L Pairs and 1 Edge
Bottom Corner Orientation (Without messing up the bottom and middle layers edges and corners)
5CP (6CP algs but it solves five so thats what im calling it)
L5EP

It seems like an ok method, but i havent actually experimented with it i just though it up right now

Mathsoccer

Ok So FreeFOP is kinda like CFOP plus some roux elements and if im not mistaken which i probably am HK drops the roux elements for a long list of algorithms so i kinda did a similar thing with CFOP and mehta elements replacing ribbon algs and i want to know if it has any potential,
Steps:
Cross
3 F2L Pairs and 1 Edge
Bottom Corner Orientation (Without messing up the bottom and middle layers edges and corners)
5CP (6CP algs but it solves five so thats what im calling it)
L5EP

It seems like an ok method, but i havent actually experimented with it i just though it up right now
That's basically the ribbon method