• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

brododragon

variant of ZZ/Petrus-W:

1.) EO. Not EOLine or EOCross or EOArrow, just EO
2.) Build a 2x2x3 in the back.
3.) L2P. EO is already solved, so this can be skipped
4.) LL, using whatever you want from Petrus-W

Basically Petrus-W except you do EO at the start. This majorly restricts your 2x2x3 though, as you have to build it in the back. I'd think a good compromise between being able to use pre-build pairs and having to get used to a bunch of EO orientations would to be able to do:

White bottom green front
White bottom blue front
White bottom red front
White bottom orange front

And possibly all of those with yellow on bottom, don't know how hard it is to get good at new orientations.

This eliminates the worst part of Petrus-W(or any Petrus variant), which is having to pause for EO in the middle of your solve
If the 2x2x3 pieces were in the positions of DF and DB you would have to mess up EO and then fix it. Also, you could build the 2x2x3 anywhere as long as you do the turn the right faces for 3-gen.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
After many many days i have created a method that takes 45 to 60 moves and has 3 algorithms! the only other one i can think of is 8355 and its move count is 100+.
This is very much experimental and don't think is good for a beginner at all also i don't know how fast it can get as its very difficult to look ahead and do block building.
Here's the method:
Its A ROUX+335 method combination
Steps-
Orient/Permute Middle layer(e slice)
do pll on both sides (might run into parity)Put both "messed up corners" on you're right U and right D and do R2 U2 R2' than do a pll on top layer again.
Use R2s and U2s to Orient First two blocks To put one corner in its spot without getting messed up repeat R' F' R F 3 times
EO should be done now do one of two algorithms (O or JB/Y (depending on if there's headlights/one side permuted or not))
Than LSE
To Use this method you must learn and be able to aplly LSE from Roux.
AGAIN this is NOT a speed method(from what i can tell)
But an experiment to see how viable 335 is.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It really depends on what you consider an algorithm. For example there are methods with 0 algorithms if you aren’t considering commutators to be algorithms, and like is sexy move an algorithm? It really depends. Also there are many methods with <3 algs, it just kinda depends on what you would consider an alg, which can be hard to define on some levels.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
It really depends on what you consider an algorithm. For example there are methods with 0 algorithms if you aren’t considering commutators to be algorithms, and like is sexy move an algorithm? It really depends. Also there are many methods with <3 algs, it just kinda depends on what you would consider an alg, which can be hard to define on some levels.
This is true the other thing is, this method is based off 335 and this is as far as I could take it as 335 is just straight up trash.

Also if you don't count R2 U2 R2 as an alg it would be 2 which is interesting also this method has 2 parities one which I for got to mention is for edges, you just do m than d's to fix the edge and than m' back. By the way do you know any other methods that have parities? For 3x3 of course

Solvador Cubi

Does it seem feasible to achieve fast times by using these steps?
Are the estimated move counts valid?
Am I missing anything?

4 EO
6 Three white corners in place on D, at least One oriented corner on U
10 L5C - Orient and Permute, but preserve EO (126? cases, 42 conjugated C*LL algs)
10 Permute E-Edges + Centers
15 Permute L8E

= 45 moves

thanks,
-= Solvador Cubi

Last edited:
Does it seem feasible to achieve fast times by using these steps?
Are the estimated move counts valid?
Am I missing anything?

4 EO
6 3 white corners in place on D
10 L5C - Orient and Permute, but preserve EO (126? cases, 42 conjugated C*LL algs)
10 Permute E-Edges + Centers
15 Permute L8E

= 45 moves

thanks,
-= Solvador Cubi
L5C is 614 algs just saying.