• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
I was looking at a competition's info and for 4x4 it read: (1:30 soft cutoff).

Does that mean anything over 1:30 is a DNF?

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was looking at a competition's info and for 4x4 it read: (1:30 soft cutoff).

Does that mean anything over 1:30 is a DNF?

That's what hard cutoff is. Soft cutoff means you get two solves, and you only get to do the last solves to finish the average if at least one of your two solves was under the soft cutoff.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
Are you not allowed to pop out a piece or twist a corner on purpose during a solve at competitions?

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
How do you recommend I learn cll, which set should I learn 1st and so on. Plus any tips you have on cll. Thanks
I recently learned CLL. I used the CLL guide from Andy Klise:

http://www.kungfoomanchu.com/home.html#222

I worked my way down each column so I learned all the Sune algorithms first, anti-Sune second, etc. He has multiple algorithms listed for each case so before I learned one, I would try them all to see which felt best for me and highlighted it.

I took it pretty slow (one case per day) but it all came together well in the end. Getting used to identifying the cases by color patterns was the hardest part and I'm still pretty slow at it. The algorithms themselves are relatively easy.

adiwastu

WCA
2011WAST01
can anybody tell me how do i put profile picture? well it seems easy but i cannot find any button about that in my profile. thanks before!

EDIT: i found out how. canceled, thanks!

Last edited:

Artic

Does anybody know which V perm Bill Wang uses? He used it four times in this video, but it's too fast for me to make out.

Also, any idea how he executes it, finger tricks etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Can someone explain what 'decomposition' means on the PLL page on the wiki? That line appears with a random commutator/conjugate thingy between some Algs