• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lluis

To answer all questions :

The plastic is fine. I use milti-service silicone spray from the brand RIEM. I didn't see the "multi-service" when I bought it, it might be the problem, I've heard that some silicones are not good for cubes when they're multi-purposes. Is it correct ?

As I said, I tried different ways, disassembling the cube and also taking only one piece out. I tried waiting and I tried playing with it right away, it gives the same result.

Maybe I put too much silicone, I'll try again and if it doesn't work, I'll try another silicone, and if it doesn't work, I'll buy a new cube, and if it doesn't work, I'll eat an apple and it will be fine...

thanks for your help ;)

Last edited:

chicken9290

Banned
well i would invest in a good quality speedcube and you probably wouldnt have that problem.

and try to use either jig a loo or lubix as lubricants

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Trying new methods of spraying in silicone is not a great idea. You probably had enough after the first method. Adding on more and more is only going to make the cube worse.

You can try cleaning out the cube with warm water and dish soap (don't wash the core) and try lubing it again. You really only need to pop out an edge and put in a tiny squirt. Scramble the cube and play with it a few times and it should be good.

Btw, I use multipurpose silicone as well.

Lluis

Hi,

I did clean it with warm water and soap between each try (only, the core too), and even playing with it a little and then waiting before using it again, it didn't work. I finally gave up and ordered 3 DIY kits on the internet (they're cheaper than I thought) and lube too. But I really needed to practice with mine while waiting for the others so I put dish soap directly on the core and it works well for the moment, it's as smooth as it first was. But I don't know what may happen after a while...

Lluis

The first one I bought it on eBay and it said DIYKIT cube (F II) the page is here
The 2 other ones I bought them on lightake.com they're Alpha Feng V.

Will I be punished ): ???

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recommend you get some cube lube like lubix, and remember that it does not take a lot of lube to see a drastic increase in performance, especially with lubix.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
F2 is good, although they don't normally sell them as DIY kits, so it could be a knock off.
Alpha Fengs.... yeah they're fine I guess. That's cool I was just worried you had picked some really bad cubes (of which there are many).

Arkwell

Cube lubrication questions

Guys, between Lubix and Jigaloo which do you prefer for FII's and Alpha V's or is there anything better?

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
Both would do a nice job. For me, the Lubix would work better in the Alpha V and Jigaloo would work better in the FII. Instead of Lubix though I use differential oil.

da25centz

WCA
2010MEYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i really love jigaloo/crc/d39 for both of these cubes, but of course lubix gives them a different feel. the alpha v looses that really crispy/crunchy feel when you put lubix in

I initially used CRC in my A5, but then switched to Diff Oil, and thought it was way better. Made it smoother and actually a tiny bit quieter.

I ten got an FII from camcuber (speedcubshop), and it came lubed with whatever he lubes it with. I really hated the cube.
After a few weeks, of the lube having worn away, I cleaned it out and put Diff Oil in there, and all of a sudden, the cube became really good to use. Not my main, but the Diff Oil instead of whatever camcuber used, made me actually enjoy using it.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Both would do a nice job. For me, the Lubix would work better in the Alpha V and Jigaloo would work better in the FII. Instead of Lubix though I use differential oil.

I initially used CRC in my A5, but then switched to Diff Oil, and thought it was way better. Made it smoother and actually a tiny bit quieter.

I ten got an FII from camcuber (speedcubshop), and it came lubed with whatever he lubes it with. I really hated the cube.
After a few weeks, of the lube having worn away, I cleaned it out and put Diff Oil in there, and all of a sudden, the cube became really good to use. Not my main, but the Diff Oil instead of whatever camcuber used, made me actually enjoy using it.

Off topic:I'm ok with this.

That seems odd. Most people prefer D39 in their FII over Lubix as it supposedly makes it sluggish. Each to his own.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've used a mix of Lubix and Jig-a-Loo in my F-II for a long time now. Lubix gums it up real bad, but it clears up after a day or two and then it's smooth sailing for months; then a little Jig-a-Loo if it slows down, then eventually repeat the cycle with decreasing frequency.

I'm not sure how the two substances are reacting with each other, but I think the Jig-a-Loo melts the cube dust into a fine coating with the lubix, because over time it's gotten smoother and smoother and requires less and less maintenance. I've handled other F-II's, and mine glides like crazy compared to them. But it took thousands and thousands of solves to get it this way.

jrb

WCA
2011BROW01
Has anyone heard of Meffert's Special Puzzle Lube? My brother got some and now his Lubix Guhong and his Haiyan's Haiyan are really slow. I'd never heard of it before he got it, so I wanted to know if anyone else had had the same experience.

P.S.:Sorry for the bump:eek:

Last edited: