• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

povlhp

Not sure, but it’s known that weight 1 is pretty gummy, and weight 5 is really viscous, like melted glue.
Where did you buy the 100cSt from?

I guess you’ll find out when you open it, maybe it’ll turn out to be Weight 1 or even Traxxas 100K depending on how well people who’ve said 50K is like 5K cst and labellers have done their research.

my 4000 cSt is thinner than melted glue. It is closer to liquid honey, which is why I got some 15.000cSt as well.

You can get many viscocities from 50-1000 cSt on the Internet, aliexpress etc. I ordered at eurorc.com - €2.99 in shipping - they also have a UK store. They have differential oil up to 2.5mio cSt, which looks like grease to me judging the container. Plummers often have Silicone grease as well. Shock Absorber oil is below 1000 cSt, all the way down to 100 cSt. My packet is still somewhere between Finland and Denmark.
I used to use hobbyking, but they do not sell oil anymore.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
How do you all like to use Angstrom X? I got a free bottle with a recent cubicle order.
I think it works really well, I just don’t like the smell, personally. It’s great for slowing down cubes. I usually only use it on cubes that are way too fast out of the box, or on cubes that I put too much DNM inside.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it works really well, I just don’t like the smell, personally. It’s great for slowing down cubes. I usually only use it on cubes that are way too fast out of the box, or on cubes that I put too much DNM inside.
Interesting. I wonder how it plays with gravitas & dignitas. I really like those lives so I’m excited to try it out.

povlhp

Got my gear/diff oils home.
Here you can see viscosity of 50000 aka 50k, 1000 cSt and 100 cSt.
I am using the 50k on springs in my RS3M 2020, 1000 cSt on pieces, and 100cSt (the almost like water) on tracks. This made it faster and smooth. Now my son really loves it, and I can keep my GTS3M for myself.

Cube Of Cube

So I've read many articles about which lube to buy, and I'm really confused. I want a lube that lasts long but is also good quality. I found that Lubix is supposed to be a good brand, but later found out that it was a rip-off. Would it be ok if I just went to the hardware store and bought a silicon-based lube? Does it even have to be a known speed-solving brand?